San Diego restaurants

returnrider

My wife and I are in San Diego for the weekend and was wondering if any locals could recommend some good eating/drinking establishments. We are stating in Coranodo but are planning to go downtown a couple nights. Any suggestions much appreciated!

When I travel, I like to look up restaurants featured in the show Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. They have a search feature that makes it easy to look by city or region and you can check out menus and info before going there.

I have never been disappointed by a place featured on that show. It's a lot of fun, too :)

Little Italy has some nice restaurants. Apollonia in La Jolla for some Greek cuisine(I like their musaka) I've been hearing good stuff about a place called Bo-Beau Kitchen & Bar in Ocean Beach. My wife and I will check it out on Saturday! :cowboy:
Where are you staying in SD?

Edit: Additionally, Vero Cafe for home made Gelato!

Last edited:
Little Italy has some nice restaurants. Apollonia in La Jolla for some Greek cuisine(I like their musaka) I've been hearing good stuff about a place called Bo-Beau Kitchen & Bar in Ocean Beach. My wife and I will check it out on Saturday! :cowboy:
Where are you staying in SD?

Edit: Additionally, Vero Cafe for home made Gelato!

Thanks for the info! My wife has a conference at the Del Coronado hotel, so that is home base. Drove thru little Italy on the way here, looks like a good place explore!

Normally I would recommend you hit up the Prado in Balboa park, but I think there is a big event happening in Balboa Park this weekend and it might be packed out.
The Prado at Balboa Park | Cohn Restaurant Group |1549 El Prado Balboa Park

If you are looking for a cool burger place, Hodad's in Ocean Beach is awesome.
Hodadies - Open 24 hrs. Just Not in a Row | Hodadies

If you like Craft Beer, Karl Strauss has a brew pub down town, or Pizza Port in Ocean Beach is great if you want Pizza and beer.
San Diego Brewery Restaurant Locations | Karl Strauss
Pizza Port ‹ Tasty Grub & Grog

There are a number of great places to eat in Downtown San Diego, it all depends on what kind of food you want. I would recommend you head into the "gas lamp" district and just walk around. My favorite place in downtown is more in the east village area called The Neighborhood.
Neighborhood

There is also a really cool Brazilian BBQ place with the all you can eat meat setup, it is expensive, but you get to try so many types of meat.
Rei Do Gado

Enjoy San Diego!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Sadly this is our last night here, then back to rainy Portland. BBQ sounds awesome, just have to talk the vegetarian wife into it? San Diego is a beautiful city, would be great to live here and be able to ride year round!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Sadly this is our last night here, then back to rainy Portland. BBQ sounds awesome, just have to talk the vegetarian wife into it? San Diego is a beautiful city, would be great to live here and be able to ride year round!

There are the places to eat here that are popular and well know touristy stops and then there are spots that are know for great food by the locals. There are many parts of SD to get to know and there are the fun sort of ambient places and then there are the less known but really good food spots.

Riding year round! Yeah! I'm usually on our sister site....Here's a little ride I and some members just did this Wednesday. :)

Sunrise Highway ride. - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

San Diego is a beautiful city, would be great to live here and be able to ride year round!

It is great! I have lived here for about 8 years now, and this is my second winter riding. only a few very wet days of the year I can't ride. Considering the coldest it ever gets is in the mid 40's (at least along the coast) I have never had to not ride due to cold.

Back