Scorpion slip on ordered.

Should be fairly straightforward.

Some useful info here about removing the servo cables which is the only tricky part.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii/1223-servo-cables-two-bros.html

There is some debate about gutting cats, PCIIIs, blocking off AIS hoses etc. I'm not sure if there is a definitive answer about it all....

Be ready to be amazed at how much the stock exhaust weighs though!

I demand some pics and a vid!!

Cheers and good luck

Simon

Should be fairly straightforward.

Some useful info here about removing the servo cables which is the only tricky part.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii/1223-servo-cables-two-bros.html

There is some debate about gutting cats, PCIIIs, blocking off AIS hoses etc. I'm not sure if there is a definitive answer about it all....

Be ready to be amazed at how much the stock exhaust weighs though!

I demand some pics and a vid!!

Cheers and good luck

Simon

You got it! Going to be busy this week. The Scorpion, lower fairings, and LED integrated tail/brake/turn signals are all supposed to be delivered on Tuesday!:woot:

Nice! Can't wait to see this... SS or CF?

As for the install, quite straight forward. Two bolts and two cables off, two bolts on if it is like the TBR can.

I don't know how strict your inspections are but if they do db testing, you'll want to hang on to the $1100 stock can. 15 minutes to trade it out and go get inspected and 15 more when you get home. I pulled the EXUP cables since it defaults to full open so a short trip for a sticker won't matter.

Be ready for the popping and gurgling on decell. Be wary of the infamous surging that has been going around on the GEN II bikes.

Are you doing the airbox mod and AIS block off?

Nice! Can't wait to see this... SS or CF?

As for the install, quite straight forward. Two bolts and two cables off, two bolts on if it is like the TBR can.

I don't know how strict your inspections are but if they do db testing, you'll want to hang on to the $1100 stock can. 15 minutes to trade it out and go get inspected and 15 more when you get home. I pulled the EXUP cables since it defaults to full open so a short trip for a sticker won't matter.

Be ready for the popping and gurgling on decell. Be wary of the infamous surging that has been going around on the GEN II bikes.

Are you doing the airbox mod and AIS block off?

We don't have vehicle inspections here at all so no problem there. Not sure what the AIS block off or airbox mods even are so I have no idea. :newbie:If there just performance mods i'm not worried about it though. This thing runs good enough for me as it is. Ant more info? Thanks!
-Wayne

If you keep it to just the slip-on you will most likely not have any issues with the surging. Remember that Yamaha offers a slip-on as an accessory item and I am sure that they tested it well or wouldn't have produced it. I think the problem starts when you modify the air box (in addition to exhaust work). At that point you're letting in more air than the stock ECU can compensate for and end up with a lean condition. However, this is just speculation...

If you keep it to just the slip-on you will most likely not have any issues with the surging. Remember that Yamaha offers a slip-on as an accessory item and I am sure that they tested it well or wouldn't have produced it. I think the problem starts when you modify the air box (in addition to exhaust work). At that point you're letting in more air than the stock ECU can compensate for and end up with a lean condition. However, this is just speculation...

Bingo! We have a winner! :D

Led integrated tail/brake/turn signals and F.E. installed.
Lower Fairings will be here this afternoon.
Scorpion slip on being delivered on Thursday.
Corbin front and rear seats will be here Thur/Fri.

I removed the stock exhaust including the cables awaiting the Scorpion.
Started it last night to hear what it sounded like without..........Reminded me of a 327 chevy. :wow:

Last edited:
Lowers installed....
myfz1003.jpg

myfz1004.jpg

That looks fantastic. Yamaha did a much better job with the lower fairings on the Gen II bikes than they did with the Gen I. These definitely look more integrated as opposed to being an afterthought. I am debating on full lowers or just the chin fairing :confused:

She's looking good, Wayne!

Really liking the tail tidy. Big modding week,eh?

Keep the pics coming - especially of the can!!

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon. The Can and Corbins are being delivered tomorrow too. :woot:
Just in time for it to rain for a few days! :(
Oh well, have a softball tournament this weekend anyhow.
All I want now are some flushmounts for the front and Pazzo levers.

Back