Search for rearsets solution

ghetto_d

to preface:
i told myself i wouldn't go overboard with spending on this damn fazer when i got it. however (maybe i'm too used to riding crotch rockets), i really don't like the spongy feel of the rearsets. fuck the dampeners, and fuck the rubber pads. i like it rigid.
so, i thought i'd replace the footpegs with those from a R1. That really would only take care of that portion of the squishiness; i look at the rearset-->frame dampeners tomorrow.

the issue:
But anyway, at this point, i'm considering just buying full-fledged racing rearsets, and being done with it. so i ask:

Want to help me compile a list of rearsets that utilize the factory frame passage for the shift rod? So far i have:

Rizoma
LighTech

Did you try to put washers in the frame mounting rubber bushings? How about sticking wheel weights or something similar in the foot peg cavity. I did both and they felt much better afterward, no longer have that spongy feel.

Did you try to put washers in the frame mounting rubber bushings? How about sticking wheel weights or something similar in the foot peg cavity. I did both and they felt much better afterward, no longer have that spongy feel.

i'm looking for some metal bushings that could completely replace the rubber dampeners; the problem in the US is going to be finding metric in order to mate the parts up flush.

i never thought about inserting something into the footpegs... was considering replacing them with the fz6 pegs to get rid of the extra cushion.

dicko & hellgate:
do you know what grade aluminum rizoma uses for their rearsets? i couldn't find it any where on their pretty (dysfunctional) little website.

No idea, but it's top notch quality, flawless. I have a lot of Rizoma parts on my bike and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I doubt it would be cheap ali. If I remember tonight I'll see if I can find it on the box or manual. The LCM Honda was running Rizoma gear on their GP bikes for a while, not sure if they are this year.

You sure about that?
I don't see anything that says "made in the USA".
Considering they are very keenly priced, I'd say these are made in China.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I can't see that on mobile Ebay.
If it's true then they are cheap.
Kinda strange that he doesn't advertise the fact a bit more clearly. It would be a good selling point.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
those are the chinese knock-offs i was looking at - that's got to be the chinese vrsn of the rizomas. i'm sure they aren;t made in FL, but rather are imported to a dist. in FL.
i'm hesitant to buy any knock-offs. i would think that rearsets should use 7075 Al, although 6061 is pretty stout as well. regardless, i'm leery of china's qc (and honesty).

dan moto makes one for the first gen FZ1.
full adjustable.
no frame contact from the shift rod..if you are using the factory shift arm.
the R1 shorter arm you will get a little scrub. unless you want the rod outside of the frame getto style.
but you need to remove your tripod stand. rubs the bottom of the shifter pending placement.
and cut off part of the toe stick for your kickstand. easy to re-weld to new placement. pending on how you set it up may or may not interferer with the shifter.

but no matter it looks good on the bike.

those are the chinese knock-offs i was looking at - that's got to be the chinese vrsn of the rizomas. i'm sure they aren;t made in FL, but rather are imported to a dist. in FL.
i'm hesitant to buy any knock-offs. i would think that rearsets should use 7075 Al, although 6061 is pretty stout as well. regardless, i'm leery of china's qc (and honesty).

I thought so, they are way too cheap to be US made.

My LighTechs are made from 7075 Aluminium. The frame and levers have awesome build quality, it's just the heel guard that cops a beating and scuffs a bit too easily IMHO.

They are really cheap from Carpimoto.com; where I bought them from and they have fast worldwide shipping.

They are only around $340 USD for US buyers and come with free shipping; a bargain in my eyes.

Lightech Adjustable Rear Sets Yamaha FZ8/Fazer 8

Last edited:
I thought so, they are way too cheap to be US made.

My LighTechs are made from 7075 Aluminium. The frame and levers have awesome build quality, it's just the heel guard that cops a beating and scuffs a bit too easily IMHO.

They are really cheap from Carpimoto.com; where I bought them from and they have fast worldwide shipping.

They are only around $340 USD for US buyers and come with free shipping; a bargain in my eyes.

Lightech Adjustable Rear Sets Yamaha FZ8/Fazer 8

thats about $100 off from lightech itself, good freakin deal right there
LighTech Yamaha FZ1 06-14 Adjustable Rearsets

the ebay store is run by nikolai9770 on eBay almost 20,000 feedbacks with 0 negative feedback in the last year, says its made in florida, 6016 aluminum. meh. just goin off what the ad says.

When I saw this last night, I thought I could just forget about it and not post my $.02 but I can't. I recently installed the Danmoto Generation 2 Rearsets on my Gen1. They make them for the Gen2 as well. (My install: theWolfTamer Chronicles: FZ1 Mod: Rearsets) You have to do minor fiddling but they work fine and are only $180 delivered in the US. I used a bolt with a plastic cap to extend the centerstand stop to clear the rearsets. They are made from 6065 like most rearsets.

So far, the Danmoto rearsets have been perfect. I have crisper shifts, can keep my knees tucked into the tank easier, and am more comfortable during the 250+ mile rides I generally take. I think they look good if not as refined as some of the more expensive ones. My guess is they work just as well. As I get used to them I think about them less. I know, you get what you pay for. With these I got more than I paid.

The ones posted above are not made in Florida, no matter what the seller says. They can be purchased direct from china on Aliexpress for about $320. ( Adjustable Rearsets For FZ1 FZ1S Fazer 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013-in Foot Rests from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) When i was making my purchase last month, I saw some for $200 that appeared to be the same as the ebay listing ( http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/adjustable-rarsets-rear-sets-for-yamaha-fz1/179405246.html)

Sent from my MID815 using Tapatalk

When I saw this last night, I thought I could just forget about it and not post my $.02 but I can't. I recently installed the Danmoto Generation 2 Rearsets on my Gen1. They make them for the Gen2 as well. (My install: theWolfTamer Chronicles: FZ1 Mod: Rearsets) You have to do minor fiddling but they work fine and are only $180 delivered in the US. I used a bolt with a plastic cap to extend the centerstand stop to clear the rearsets. They are made from 6065 like most rearsets.

So far, the Danmoto rearsets have been perfect. I have crisper shifts, can keep my knees tucked into the tank easier, and am more comfortable during the 250+ mile rides I generally take. I think they look good if not as refined as some of the more expensive ones. My guess is they work just as well. As I get used to them I think about them less. I know, you get what you pay for. With these I got more than I paid.

The ones posted above are not made in Florida, no matter what the seller says. They can be purchased direct from china on Aliexpress for about $320. ( Adjustable Rearsets For FZ1 FZ1S Fazer 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013-in Foot Rests from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) When i was making my purchase last month, I saw some for $200 that appeared to be the same as the ebay listing ( http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/adjustable-rarsets-rear-sets-for-yamaha-fz1/179405246.html)

Sent from my MID815 using Tapatalk

i'll look into the danmoto.

thanks for backing up my assertion about the chinese knockoffs. my ultimate comment regarding them and their origin is this: there's no way they would be american made (for long), since they are a blatant copy of the rizomas. they would undoubtedly be sued & held accountable for patent infringement.

Back