seat comfort....

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
Have stock.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of say a corbin vs. sargent?

Im looking to probably cheat on this mod and see if I can score one used.

Thanks,
Adam

I'm a new rider an all but, the bike i just got had a corbin seat and i absolutely despise it. It's far too hard on the ass... I actually put the stock seat back on and am much more happy with it.

I have had the stock seat, Corbin, Sargent and Top Saddlery. My personal favorite of these is the Sargent, primarily because it moves you more towards the back of the seat and this is how I prefer to ride. The stock seat and the Corbin both push you towards the tank, and the Top Saddlery limits how far you can sit back due to the hump on the back of the seat. For all out comfort out of these seats most seem to prefer the Top Saddlery. I have heard good things about some of the truly "custom" seats like Rick Mayer, Bill Mayer and Russell but I haven't personally tried one of these.

ETA: I just noticed that this thread is in the 1st gen section, so please note that my above comments are regarding the 2nd gen.

I gotta say it.. Be happy your stock seat is from a Gen1... That seat is a couch compared to the stock Gen2 seat. I have been looking at options for mine as well lol.

Damn things are so expensive though... :(

Back