Seattle track day

Deacon

I will be taking the FZ1 out for it's first track day to get a chance for the two of us to bond a bit. I have done quite a few track days on my old bikes. As hard as it is to find a safe place to stretch it's legs on public roads, a track day is the best and safest opportunity. It's a lot of fun for the cost.

The track day is Wednesday, 9/24 at Pacific Raceway and is put on by 2-FAST. Any local NW folk going? I would be glad to provide a shared pit space and whatever guidance I can.

First time out for the FZ1 today at Pacific Raceways. Kind of a chance to bond with the new bike and see how the mods worked out. Damn! The thing was very fast and would pull hard right up to the redline. I didn't go too crazy not knowing what to expect form the OEM tires, but they performed well. They seemed to heat up nicely and all in all the bike handled very well. The front end was popping up on every shift and got quite light in many places. Glad I put on the FCE as it made a huge difference in the smoothness between shifts.

If you get the chance to get your FZ on the track, do it! You will be thrilled. I will post photos from the photographer when I get them in about a week.

General Question, and I know that it is dependent upon the given region. As far a leathers, do they allow a two piece leather set or just a full suit?

I haven't checked into anything yet and it is just a question that came up...will look into on my own, but Thanks to those who offer their two cents.

BroHay

Thanks! I just looked, more like found, a local track in the area and they do allow two piece that zip.

Notice you in Astars, how is the quality vs. the price? Other recommendations, based on brands you, or anyone else who is reading, usually see when doing a track day?

I'm not looking to go cheap, and I know that the best method is to go shopping and find out what fits best. I'm just trying to speed the process up a little b/c it is a journey that I'm about to embark on.

Thanks,
BroHay

Back