Setting up an '07 FZ1...

Ive got a '07 FZ1 with 1500 miles on it.

It now has an Mivv Gp exhaust, PCIII, Ivans sub-throttle plates, BMC aircleaner; as well as the airbox and AIS mods done to it. Ivan did put his map on the PCIII before he shipped it to me.

Ive got a couple of questions...

1) The bike feels like its pretty rich just off-throttle...I think this goes away around 4,000rpm. Can I adjust the low end setting to change this, or should I just load a completely different map?

2) My midpipe still has the baffle/cat in it. Do I need to remove this?

3) I just did the AIS mod yesterday, and while the popping is gone, it does feel like its not quite as responsive and it definetly isnt as loud as before. Anybody else experience this, or is it all in my head?

Thanks,

Schrader

One more question...I didnt unplug the o2 sensor...do I leave it plugged in?

Schrader

You're supposed to unplug the O2 connector under the gas tank. The PC III should have mentioned it.

And by the way plenty of other people have mentioned that they thought Ivan's map was a little on the rich side. You can certainly play with the individual low RPM throttle settings. Just make sure you make a copy of the map before you modify it in case you want to load it back in.

I have an "08" with the Suono pipe on it. I got my PCIII from Ivan and according to my instructions the O2 sensor was to be disconnected and an eliminator put in it's place, which I did. It seems to run fine although I thought mine was a bit rich in the lower mid range and a bit lean right off idle. I put an O2 meter on my bike so I can read the fuel mixture. All you have to do is bring up your map on your PC ( hopefully you have a laptop) then just go to the rpm and throttle setting X-Y coordinates and either richen it a bit or lean it a bit, save your changes to a new file, load it into the PCIII and see how that changes your performance. It's actually pretty easy and far faster than trying to monkey with the buttons on the PCIII.

Thanks for all the replies...I did call Ivan yesterday and he told me that the little jumper in the PCIII box was in fact to plug the O2 sensor.

I do want to say that nowhere(online or in my instructions) did it say anything about disconnecting the 02 sensor. Hopefully now I dont look so stupid.:confused0024:

I was also told that I needed to remove the cat from the midpipe as well....AND I need to set the closed and open points. Just when you think the list is getting shorter...

Schrader

Back