Shoei XR1100...Helmet Warehouse Sydney

Just got a new lid for xmas from my wife...a Shoei XR1100...it is light, comfortable, quiet and extemely well ventilated...it replaced my 9 year old XR1000...a fantastic lid. I purchased it from The Helmet Warehouse in Yagoona in Sydney where the customer service is first class, and prices are very competitive...highly recommended shop for anyone in or near Sydney who is after a new helmet!

Nice! Many moons ago I lived not far away from the helmet warehouse. I can remember when they actually sold bikes! Used to get all my gear from them, they were always very helpful.

Never been able to stretch the budget to a Shoei, will do one day. Might have to show this thread to the wife ;)

Nolz, how long ago was that? I used to be at Liverpool in the late 80's and I can't recall them selling bike then......

Yes, I like the Shoei helmet too although I'm thinking of trying a Shark next time.

I've got a shark now! A Vision R. I'm really digging this lid! The built in visor is ridiculously handy. Comfy (for my head) well ventilated and seemingly built. Wasn't too noisy above 100km/h either.

PK1, my info may be a little misleading....the store used to have a a dozen or more second hand bikes for sale, and they would also buy used bikes. In fact they took in our CBR600f! That was sold to them in '97-98....Not long after that though, they became accessories only.

Wouldn't mind getting a Shoei too. I'm wearing a Shark RSFi, well I think thats it... The Shark fits me very well, is light and the visors are easy to take on and off, but it seems a bit noisy. I imagine the Shoei would be quieter.

Didn't the two brothers who owned the Helmet Warehouse sell to someone else? I have a funny feeling they did as their prices seemed to go up a bit. As for a noisy helmet just wear ear plugs its heaps better and doesn't take long to get used to them also saves your hearing in the long run.

Back