Shopping Tips givi bracket kit

Search for title under Gen II Mods for "Hard Bags" and "Givi PLXR359 Pics". My PLXRs use a stabilizing bar across just under the license plate bracket. Nice setup.

Cheers,

MrHix

The pictures in the first two links are NOT for the FZ. The mounting hardware are in the wrong place on the picture showing only the bracket, and the picture of the bike tail with just the bracket is not an FZ. The picture with the GIVI top case is the correct hardware if you also put the tail bracket on.

givirackM_edited-1.jpg

Note: How the main attachment point is angled at about 45 degrees toward the center of the frame.

Givilights2.jpg

A better shot of the Main Bracket that attaches to a tab that you attach to your subframe.

givilights.jpg

Note: The lower mounting points go through the original signal attachment points.

GIVIBracketdetail.jpg

How the Brackets look from the side, without the bags.

I hope these help.

Last edited:
I have the SW motec Quick release racks. I like them because they don't require having the top mount. They were cheaper too. Got them from Twisted throttle.

amazing photos thanks! Now a question .. this model is givi? maybe this ..

TwistedThrottle.com : Givi Tubular Sidecase Racks (Yamaha FZ1, '06-) for PLX sidecases only - Givi PLX359

and I need the kit to put 359KIT

TwistedThrottle.com : Givi 359KIT fitting kit for PLX sideracks (Yamaha FZ1, '06-) - Givi 359KIT

to place without the Givi Topcase Rack, right?

will be better to attach all givi bags and carriers, or think there will be some inconvenience by placing brackets sw-motech with luggage givi?

TwistedThrottle.com : Givi Tubular Sidecase Racks (Yamaha FZ1, '06-) for PLX sidecases only - Givi PLX359

TwistedThrottle.com : Givi 359KIT fitting kit for PLX sideracks (Yamaha FZ1, '06-) - Givi 359KIT

will be better to attach all givi bags and carriers, or think there will be some inconvenience by placing brackets sw-motech with luggage givi?

The top two links are exactly what you need if you want all three bags. I would stick to all GIVI if you are putting on GIVI bags. NOTE: the racks shown are only for the GIVI V-35 bags
Any GIVI top case will work with the above set up.

The SWMotech rack will allow you to use most brands of luggage if you purchase the correct mounts. If you go Givi, then your limiting your options in the future.

Yes, if you're only using the sidecases and no top rack then you need those two, PLX359 and 359Kit. By the way Givi only makes FZ1 mounts for the V-35 cases.

The kit's around $226 . . . how much are the bags?

Shop around...I have seen the matte black bags (V-35) for around $450 a set. They also come in gloss black and silver. Obviously if you want to color match it to another color then start out with the matte black ones.

Back