silver engine

burkerider

Can anyone help me? i have transformed my bike quite a bit and love it to death. there,s just one thing that i don't like. my engine is silver and i see all your bikes with black engines and they look so good. so my question is....how complex of a job would it be to get my engine painted. i do all my own mech work but know nothing about paint or primers and all that stuff. has anyone else done it? Does painting damage seals and gaskets?

Can anyone help me? i have transformed my bike quite a bit and love it to death. there,s just one thing that i don't like. my engine is silver and i see all your bikes with black engines and they look so good. so my question is....how complex of a job would it be to get my engine painted. i do all my own mech work but know nothing about paint or primers and all that stuff. has anyone else done it? Does painting damage seals and gaskets?
Silver`s good,help`s to keep the motor cooler,black looks great,but I would stick with the silver

Swap engine for black one.

I would think about how to make it look good. Huge job to change it properly. Remove from frame paint properly and keep all the machined bits and nuts and bolts silver would be very hard.

thanks to all for your imput. I happen to have a decent tax return this year for a change so i might look at some carbon fibre bits to bling my machine.:tup:

Back