Sliders Cold Pro Waterproof Kevlar Gloves Review

Thanks for sharing your review! Some feedback:

I can tell you that the bucket test isn't a good indication of waterproofing. I would have appreciated a real world test, ie. 14 hours riding in the wet. The real world is when the cheaper makes of waterproof membrane start to show flaws. I live in a wet climate and have owned many, many different types of wet weather glove. Although Hipora is pretty good, nothing comes close to GoreTex for keeping you dry and comfortable in the worst weather

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your review! Some feedback:

I can tell you that the bucket test isn't a good indication of waterproofing. I would have appreciated a real world test, ie. 14 hours riding in the wet. The real world is when the cheaper makes of waterproof membrane start to show flaws. I live in a wet climate and have owned many, many different types of wet weather glove. Although Hipora is pretty good, nothing comes close to GoreTex for keeping you dry and comfortable in the worst weather

Thanks for the feedback Dustin. I usually avoid rain if possible, but this past summer it rained constantly. Eventually, I had to break down and just go ride. After getting soaked to the bone a few times I decided I would start getting some good rain gear. I haven't been caught in the rain since I have owned these gloves yet, but I will update the review when I do.

With the bucket test I did move my hands a lot and squeeze them together. I was actually trying to make them fail and push water through them, but they never failed. Hopefully, that will also be the case in a downpour.

I enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to more reviews!

My current wet weather (read: 3 season) glove is the Five WFX1. It, too uses the Hipora membrane. It's difficult for me to buy gloves that fit correctly but Five makes a perfect size small for me.

The outer is Pittards leather which is supposed to have a degree of water repellency due to the type of hide they use & the process which they tan it. The insulation is Thinsulate, with 100 gram on the top and 50 gram on the bottom for better tactile feel. This also allows more heat to come through when using heated grips. There's Superfabric sliders on the pinky and palm and a hard plastic (with carbon look) slider on the palm as well.

As I was saying before about the Hipora liner; it's good but it ain't no GoreTex. It's definitely the 'best of the rest' in terms of how well and how long it keeps you dry. Breath-ability is quite good as well and I never have issues with clammy hands or being too hot. My next gloves will definitely be with a GoreTex liner, though. I have GoreTex boots and my Aerostich suit is Gore-clad as well -- absolutely fantastic. Racer is a brand I don't have access to locally but they seem to sell gloves that may fit me; they do some great looking sport-orientated GoreTex gloves

Last edited:
I enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to more reviews!

My current wet weather (read: 3 season) glove is the Five WFX1. It, too uses the Hipora membrane. It's difficult for me to buy gloves that fit correctly but Five makes a perfect size small for me.

The outer is Pittards leather which is supposed to have a degree of water repellency due to the type of hide they use & the process which they tan it. The insulation is Thinsulate, with 100 gram on the top and 50 gram on the bottom for better tactile feel. This also allows more heat to come through when using heated grips. There's Superfabric sliders on the pinky and palm and a hard plastic (with carbon look) slider on the palm as well.

As I was saying before about the Hipora liner; it's good but it ain't no GoreTex. It's definitely the 'best of the rest' in terms of how well and how long it keeps you dry. Breath-ability is quite good as well and I never have issues with clammy hands or being too hot. My next gloves will definitely be with a GoreTex liner, though. I have GoreTex boots and my Aerostich suit is Gore-clad as well -- absolutely fantastic. Racer is a brand I don't have access to locally but they seem to sell gloves that may fit me; they do some great looking sport-orientated GoreTex gloves

Thanks for reading I appreciate it.

I have never heard of Five before, but I will check them out. Sounds like good stuff.

Back