So far:

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here, lots of bike out and about. I've had my foot up recovering from surgery, but I have been making a few changes.

Here she is so far:
  • Dobek TFI
  • Mivv Carbon GP Slip-on, care of PJ's Parts
PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider
  • Disabled Air Injection System per Holeshot Performance Products
    • Gutted cat
    • Fender Eliminator per Ride Engineering; Ride Engineering, Inc.
    • Exhaust Hangar per Evotech Performance; EXOTECHPERFORMANCE.COM
    • Seat Cowl from Copperdawg; FZ1
    • 16 tooth front counter sprocket
    • Speedo healer
      • Corbin FZ1 seat
        • Oberon Touring Pegs

How'd I do?

Johnnylane

I'd say ya did pretty darn good. What could be left to do? We're gettin a lake effect winter storm warning here so no ridin for a while.

I'd say ya did pretty darn good. What could be left to do?
Heaps. Ivan's FCE & yes it will make a real difference even on an 08 FZ1. Ivan's sub throttle flies or just disconnect servo motor linkage & zipp tie the flies open for instant throttle response. Don't know much about the Dobek TFI, but I do know with a PC111, changing maps [which are readily available] to suit mods is a snap. Add a ignition module & the fun starts.

Hey Kneedragger,

I have a couple of questions/comments for you:

Ivan's sub throttle flies or just disconnect servo motor linkage & zipp tie the flies open for instant throttle response.

I've heard about this. Can you please describe in some detail.

Ivan's FCE & yes it will make a real difference even on an 08 FZ1. Ivan's sub throttle flies or just disconnect servo motor linkage & zipp tie the flies open for instant throttle response.

After the changes, throttle snatch has been eliminated.

Add a ignition module & the fun starts.

Again, tell me a little more.:)

Thanks.

Hey Kneedragger,

I have a couple of questions/comments for you:

I've heard about this. Can you please describe in some detail.

After the changes, throttle snatch has been eliminated.

Again, tell me a little more.:)

Thanks.

The T snatch is still there even in the 08. Yamaha have only disguised it better than the 06 FZ1. Ivans FCE will eliminate the snatch & add approx 10HP to boot.
If you want better throttle response use ivans secondary flies. These discs/plates are smaller in diameter compared to the originals. But the best & cheapest way is to just disconnect the secondaries & tie open. I have tried both ways & can assure you the zipp tied open is the way to go. That instant throttle response is amazing & addictive. Once tried, & you'll never go back. There is a little work involved but nothing out of the ordinary. Once the throttle bodies are exposed, the linkage is on the extreme right hand side,bordered by a black plastic shroud. One end of The linkage is attached to the servo motor & the other end to the secondary flies shaft. The linkage is attached via small split pins. A bit fiddley to get to these pins, & place a rag under the linkage to catch anything that may fall. You can disconnect the servo motor end, but the most practical is remove the linkage & tie flies open-i.e. vertical.
As for the ignition module, it is only compatible with the PC111. It allows for a high degree of ignition timing & plugs straight in. I ran my 06 & now 08 FZ1'S with 5 degree advance. Silky smooth & even more throttle response is the end result. Possibly better fuel economy.
Hope the above answers some of the ''grey'' areas.

Kneedragger,

The "secondary flies" are the disk plates (look like a carburetors' choke) that are inside the velocity stacks? Those are the things you hear cycle during the "key on" fuel injection cycle prior to starting?

As I recall, they were held on the shaft with a couple of small screws (again, ala carburetor choke). Why not just remove them?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Kneedragger,

The \"secondary flies\" are the disk plates (look like a carburetors' choke) that are inside the velocity stacks? Those are the things you hear cycle during the \"key on\" fuel injection cycle prior to starting?

As I recall, they were held on the shaft with a couple of small screws (again, ala carburetor choke). Why not just remove them?

Thanks again.

Yes, like a carb choke,but are located at the top of the throttle bodies. The stacks are on top of the bodies. Yes, thats the servo motor you hear.
Yes, you can just remove them, but a lot of guys have had problems removing the screws. I have tried this set up, had no problems with screws[just use the correct size driver & give it a tap to shock the screw but not hard enough to distort the shaft]. As I have said before I have tried every which way regarding flies & zipped open is the best.

Back