So, the bike fell over.

More vintage solutions

I,ve had this little thing under my seat on both the FZ 600 (for a very long time), and now on the FZ1. I use it when there is any doubt about the surface. I lived in an apartment with brand new pavement in the parkade. I had a spot on the top level and when the sun shined the centerstand would sink into the pavement right to the crossbar. It left terrible holes in the blacktop until I put down a peice of plywood and nailed it down. If I had ever used the sidestand before that it would have ended in tears.

My bike dropped in the driveway I was lucky I had a set of frame sliders the only thing damages was my bar end and a small scratch on the lower muffler shield. Frame sliders are the bomb, recommend them for everyone.

I have to think they have different asphalt formulations for different areas of the country. Here in TX with the scorching hot summers, no asphalt I've ever seen gets soft. I could balance my bike on the kickstand in the parking lot at work for an hour if I wanted, and it wouldn't sink an eighth of an inch.

I guess they put a lot more aggregate in the asphalt here to withstand the heat? Weird though that that happens to you guys.

My bike dropped in the driveway I was lucky I had a set of frame sliders the only thing damages was my bar end and a small scratch on the lower muffler shield. Frame sliders are the bomb, recommend them for everyone.

I actually have frame sliders ... But on the gen 1's the sliders protect the engine and nothing more ... Because of their required location, they almost act like a pivot, pushing the bike's tank into the ground....

I actually have frame sliders ... But on the gen 1's the sliders protect the engine and nothing more ... Because of their required location, they almost act like a pivot, pushing the bike's tank into the ground....

Good point! To be effective the sliders need to be mounted above the bike CG.

Back