Soft luggage

I am starting to look for some soft luggage for my bike. I already have a tailbag but want to add some midsized saddle bags. I am worried that i will need to built some sort of frame to keep them from going under the seat and hitting the exhaust or wheel. Any suggestions for saddlebags that would not need additional hardware to keep them in place?

Look at CycleGear.com and find the Cargo Brand saddles bags. The cost 99.99 and need no additional hardware. They had a sale last week and I bought them for 69.99. I have yet to receive them so if anyone else is familiar with them please chime in.

I purchase a full set of Cortech soft bags this year and used them on a trip to Deals Gap. Each of the saddle bags are 40L as well as the duffle that clips to them. No mounting hardware required. They stayed in place nicely. The only issue I had came from the passenger pags rubbing through the refletive material on the bottom.

The saddlebags and the duffle come with pads that are the same material that they use for the bottom of the magnetic tank bag. After my trip to Deals and back these bags didn't mark or fog the paint anywhere. I did a couple of hours in the rain and my stuff stayed dry as well. I'll be doing some projects on the bike during the next week . I'll take some proof shots and how they install. I'am very pleased with them.

These came with the bike when i bought it, have not had a chance to use them but they seem very well made and just the right size. Here's a quick shot of them , let me know if you have any questions.
003-1.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
So, the wife says, "what do you want for Valentine's Day?" After thinking a moment I said "I'll make it easy for you honey. I'll order it."

Cortech Tribag system on order! Costing $252. I think I'll have to figure this to include my anniversary gift too. That's next month. I ordered it from Cycle Gear.

I think what sold me was the neoprene padding. The bungee cords I've been usiong really do a number on the bike's finish.

I won't have them by Monday but I won't be doing any touring, or even short trips, soon. However, I do hear the forecast for NJ has some upper forties and lower fifties in it! I can try out my new Hippo Hands that Santa brought me.

Hey All
I finally had a chance this weekend to fit the bags on the FZ1.
Using the tail bag alone is pretty straightforward. But let me ask those who use these saddlebags, what exactly do you attach the loop things to? I used the passenger foot pegs and the stock taillight. No fender eliminator on mine. Is there a batter way?

Also, have you been separating the straps that connect the two bags and then slip them under the passenger handgrips before reconnecting them together? Or do you just lay the straps over the handgrips?

I didn’t have time to try riding with them yet.
Thanks

Back