Sold my FZ1 and got an FJR

Congrats on the FJR. I got to ride that beast at a demo day... so heavy when sitting, but once you pick up you feet and roll, can't tell the difference. I will say, that navi-knob thing-a-ma-jig would take a bit to get used to, it wasn't real clear to me in the minute or two I had sitting to figure out what all it could do... I even accidentally turned on the heated grips... luckily, the Yamaha rep saw it and turned them back off for me!

I finally got the suspension sorted out with help from a friend. The ride is so much better now and I will see what it is like on my trip to Indy. I agree at low speeds the bike is heavy but once you get going she really moves.

You have shaft drive now, so riding in the rain won't require a chain cleaning. Enjoy the race. Stay safe and enjoy that electric windshield! BTW, I've heard on an FJR forum that 1st gen FZ1 mirrors work great on the FJR.

Well, it rained but not too bad. Started just over the border and was rather light most of the way, more like a heavy drizzle.

Got in touch with Vagabond but he had tickets to the dirt track so I cruised the Meridian with a few hundred other bikes. We'll try to meet up tomorrow at practice.

The nearly 3.5 hours wasn't bad at all, just my sore knee getting stiff.

Back