Solving Handlebar and Footpeg vibrations on the Fz1 Gen 2

I have always had some level of vibration in the handlebars on any motorcycle I have ridden. However, the handlebar vibration on the fz1 at around 4000 to 6000 rpm (which is where it is usually at highway speeds) seem to be slightly more. Some days my hands go numb.
  1. Does packing the handlebar tube with lead bb pellets (placed inside a vinyl tube) help reduce vibration at all on this bike?
  2. Any other solution I should try?

Further, at anything above 75mph for over 25 minutes the soles of my feet get numb and it starts to get pretty uncomfortable. I have stock foot pegs.
  1. Does anyone have pictures of the spacer mods discussed in the following thread? http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-general-discussion/7670-test-drove-today-vibration-my-feet.html
  2. Are FJR pegs plug and play on the FZ1? Or any other pegs that help reduce vibration?

Lastly, is there something I can do to reduce the overall bike vibration? For instance, would syncing the throttle bodies of the bike at 5000 rpm instead of at idle help reduce the overall vibrations at highway speeds?

I travel between Chicago and Bloomington IL quite regularly on the slab and on secondary roads usually between 60 to 75 mph. I hardly feel any vibrations on my 2012. My old Suzuki GS750 would have my hands and feet tingling on most rides but not at all on the FZ1. I can also say that I haven't noticed any extreme vibes at the pegs either. I have a bit over 17K miles on the bike. I do have a buzz coming from the area between the windscreen and instrument panel but it isn't a buzz that I can feel just hear. I also have the heavy Throttlemeisters on the bar ends.

If you have stock bars with the stock bar end weights you'll see that there is a plug at each end of the bar that the ends screw into, I don't think you can get any BBs in there.

As a side note I should have mentioned that it does vibrate but at such a low level as almost unnoticeable until you look for it.

Last edited:
Back