Some Photos and Bragging From My Weekend

Got together with a friend and hit the road after work Friday. We left my shop in Arnprior, ON, near Ottawa, and headed for Sherbrooke, QC. This part was just a "transit stage", all freeway, 80-90mph and boring.

Saturday Morning we hit the road and made our way to a rural border crossing in Northern NH. We made our way down US Route 3 from Canada to the White Mountain vicinity. We toured down 302 through Crawford Notch, and then a little South and back across the National Forest. After a lunch break in Lincon, NH, we set out for Lake Placid via a very roundabout route through VT. Stowe is very scenic. We crossed in to NY via causeway and ferry at Grand Isle on Lake Champlain, and beat it to Wilmington just in time to avoid too much running after dark.

Sunday morning we watched a bit of the Ironman Triathlon go past our hotel before setting off to climb Whiteface Mountain on the bikes. We enjoyed some scenery and then hit the back roads of NY, weaving our way back toward Canada in no particular hurry.

By the time we got home we had logged just over 1000 miles for the weekend. We had a great rip, logged lots of miles, and saw some incredible scenery. This is the second trip I have taken through this region, but covered a lot more ground this time. It is a great place to tour, and I am already planning my route for next summer, or maybe even a leaf tour if the weather is decent in the fall. Here are a few photos of the trip.

Really awesome there isn't it? I was there for bike week about a month ago. The scenery is breath taking out there. I have family from Sherbrooke, QC Miss the North East during summer time. We did some riding all over the place while I was there with friends and family from Montreal. (I drove from West Palm Beach on my 6R)

If everything goes as plan I'll be going again next year, It was way too much fun. I might take few extra days off to ride up to Montreal for a day or two with my wife.

Awesome pics!

Back