Some Twisties And Some Turkeys

Jboat

I just finished with my R1 fork and brake upgrade and Penske shock install. I finally got some time to do about a 100 mile shakedown run today. I am lucky enough to live near some really tight twisty canyon roads so I headed out to get a feel for the new suspension...

Holy cow! It really soaks up the bumps and gives tons of feedback. The front feels like it tips in much quicker now too. I still need to bed in the new brake pads but so far I am very happy with the results. I'm using all of my tires now and I feel like I can lean it over much more with minimal effort...

I came around one tight bend on Mines Road and got the chance to really test the brakes. About 15 wild turkeys were crossing the road right in front of me. They didn't seem to even notice me and just trotted along single file until the last one was across. They really took their time crossing so I had time to take out my Iphone and snap a few pics...

92711008.jpg

92711006.jpg

92711007.jpg

92711014.jpg

92711012.jpg

92711010.jpg

92711019.jpg

92711020-1.jpg

The forks and brakes look great, but the fluid reservoir sure stands out.

Problem solved...Found these over at the R1-Forum.

9856ba69.jpg

I am totally blown away with how the bike handles now. I can't wait until I can get it out to a trackday. I'm considering Oct.10 at Thunderhill...

I'm all signed up for the trackday at Thunderhill on Monday the 10th. OneSizeFitsAll is going too. The weather is supposed to be in the mid 70's and sunny. Usually when I go to T-Hill it's in the high 90's or 100+...

It's Pacific Tracktime's last trackday of the season. They are having Jake Holden of the AMA as a guest instructor. Should be a great day. I'm taking a Gopro and will post up some pics and vids when I get back...

:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

I just finished with my R1 fork and brake upgrade and Penske shock install. I finally got some time to do about a 100 mile shakedown run today. I am lucky enough to live near some really tight twisty canyon roads so I headed out to get a feel for the new suspension...

Holy cow! It really soaks up the bumps and gives tons of feedback. The front feels like it tips in much quicker now too. I still need to bed in the new brake pads but so far I am very happy with the results. I'm using all of my tires now and I feel like I can lean it over much more with minimal effort...

I came around one tight bend on Mines Road and got the chance to really test the brakes. About 15 wild turkeys were crossing the road right in front of me. They didn't seem to even notice me and just trotted along single file until the last one was across. They really took their time crossing so I had time to take out my Iphone and snap a few pics...

92711008.jpg

92711006.jpg

92711007.jpg

92711014.jpg

92711012.jpg

92711010.jpg

92711019.jpg

92711020-1.jpg

Jboat,

You sold the FZ? I saw one on ebay with ohlins R/T forks & shock. Ton of Rizoma...probably had $25000 -$30K invested. I think he was only asking like 7 or 8 grand. Someone got a smoking deal. Let's get a ride in this spring...maybe alpha wolf and some other riders can join in. I wouldn't mind trying out a Gen ll compared to my Gen l. I do kinda miss my CBR1000RR sometimes,but it got me into trouble and should be on the race track to fully exploit the bikes potential. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Back