Someone has to know...

Hi guys, New here. I am looking at a 2001 FZ1this weekend and hope to buy it. I saw one for sale last year and still didn't sell the bike I had so it wasn't time. The FZ1 I saw had some sort of black guards mounts on the side of the bike that supposedly provided wind blockage for your legs. Is anyone familiar with these, or have a web site where they sell them? When I get the bike I will want to check them out!
Here is a pic link. I know the pic is bad but it shows what I am talking about.

http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab40/Rogerz_1000/FZ1/

Thanks!
Rog

Last edited:
Those look like the lower fairings for the GEN 1 FZ1. A member that has these is FZ1riderNY, I am sure there are others, he just comes to mind. Check out his album he has some pretty good pics.

Those are definitely just the lower fairings for the first generation FZ1. He just has them black instead of silver to match the bike. This is what they look like in a clear picture. Is this what your talking about?
IMG_0794.jpg

If so, I don't feel that they "block" so much wind from your kness and legs but for me they definitely make my bike more stable on the highway and especially in the colder months when we experience "crosswinds". I definitely notice the difference with them on as opposed to running "naked" which I have done both.

If you periodically check they can be had used for alot less than that. I am on my second set (First set damaged in an accident), and I haven't spent $600 dollars total (both sets combined).

Back