Speeding Tickets in your State/country

Were is the best place to live for speeding? I have lived in a few states and found the ticket system varies greatly from state to states. Looking for the best State/country to live in for speeding!
I now live in Texas and you can take Defensive driving or difered judification (probation) once a year as long as you are not more than 25MPH over the speed limit. The best part is None of the court houses overlap jurisdictions. There for if you haven't had a ticket from that city that year your good to go. If you take a ticket to court for being more than 25MPH over usually they drop it so you can take the class. 4 speeding tickes this year and none on my record thus far, Next court date is in January.
When I lived in PA (1988 to 1996)it was a 6 piont system and most tickets were 3 points and dropped 1.5 points a year (if I remeber correctly). First 6 pts 3 months probation every consecutive 6pts after that 3 months suspension as long as you stay under 11pts. Got mine suspended 3 times there.
MA gives you positive points for good driving. Negative for bad. Not sure what happens when you get alot though wasn't there long enough.
Let me know what it like in your neck of the woods especially if it is better than Texas!

I'd count Michigan out. By the way, what does your insurance company have to say about your record? That's usually more important than just the fines yo pay for speeding.

FZfreedom, first name basis with all the authorities??

NM -- 10 and under, pay the fine....not sure how it works over.....but I'm just waiting for the time when LEO comes around the corner when playing back in the mountains.....

No not yet I try to spread the love here in Texas. I would be willing to bet Judge Gant of Evans City PA still remembers me. Only got 1 ticket going through Tijeras NM on the way back from Intel. Don't remember what penalties were from that one. I was moving to MA to work the Digital plant so I din't care.

Not sure what the rules are in WV but then again it doesnt really matter; We's too poor to pay for Leo's. On a typical 400+ mile day you are unlikely to see a single cop unless your in town.

So if you cant control the right hand just do the speed limit when you roll through towns and the day will be great. Not sayin I speed... but I have never had a ticket in WV over the past 5 years I have lived here :)

Alabama is pretty bad on speeding. Not to say they will ticket you for going 5mph over speed limit, but every little town seems to have way too many police with nothing better to do than write tickets. I am a conservatice rider by most sport bike enthusiest and and the cops really take notice of you if you are on a sport bike. Not many stretches of Alabama back roads i would feel comfortable running wide open on. Our state Troopers are tough on the interstates as well.

No not yet I try to spread the love here in Texas. I would be willing to bet Judge Gant of Evans City PA still remembers me. Only got 1 ticket going through Tijeras NM on the way back from Intel. Don't remember what penalties were from that one. I was moving to MA to work the Digital plant so I din't care.

how long ago were you here in NM?

and curiousity about why you will forever be remembered in PA....

There are alot of back roads in Utah that seem to be cop free, or at least ive been lucky that way. Besides the back roads are some of the best rides here. But as far as what the penalties are for getting caught couldnt tell you its been awhile since i have been busted for speeding.

how long ago were you here in NM?

and curiousity about why you will forever be remembered in PA....

97 to 99 was my short stint in NM.
13 tickets same court, same plea But became friends with the judge and most of the police. Unlike TX, Many small towns in PA use one courthouse. Here every town has its own.

All i can say is you lot are so lucky not to live in Victoria, Australia. The speed nazis have taken over down here .Maximum freeway speed is 120 k, open road speed is 100k and if you get caught at 40 k over the limit the "hoon " laws take effect. 48 hrs lockup of vehicle about $500 fine and your license is gone for 12 months. No radar detectors, govt made em illegal , and the coppers are like storm troopers and not like the ones in "Star Wars" just like adolf's a law unto themselves.
Tend to get a little paranoid going quick ......... but u know lol, 200 k roll on in 4th just to see so far
Cya

All i can say is you lot are so lucky not to live in Victoria, Australia. The speed nazis have taken over down here .Maximum freeway speed is 120 k, open road speed is 100k and if you get caught at 40 k over the limit the "hoon " laws take effect. 48 hrs lockup of vehicle about $500 fine and your license is gone for 12 months. No radar detectors, govt made em illegal , and the coppers are like storm troopers and not like the ones in "Star Wars" just like adolf's a law unto themselves.
Tend to get a little paranoid going quick ......... but u know lol, 200 k roll on in 4th just to see so far
Cya

Best to run a hidden jammer with those idiots.

We have an odd paradox here. First, the cagers are very good here, overall.

However, many ageing losers complain about EVERYTHING. They feel old and sick, and when they see something young and healthy, they get as resentful like any old lady that hits menopause.

Their whole life's purpose turns into making everyone else feel as miserable and unhappy as themselves.

So, they complain to the politicals tools and they do what idiots do: write idiot laws.

So now the 'gov is going to allow locals to have speed cameras. Just great.

Here in Australia the Police are evil when it comes to speeding. Like the USA each state varies in how it deals with speeding but they're all very strict when it comes to dishing out speeding tickets. Queensland might let yo get away with running 6 or 7 Ks (3-4 miles) over the limit then they'll book you. No chance of any education/probation schemes here. If your caught more than 20ks over the limit it's 6 points and a year of probation. If you're caught during that year the points are doubled for the second offence. If you're caught 40+ ks over (that's still only 24 miles/hr) the bike is conviscated for 24hrs, second time conviscation for 2 weeks, third time the bike is crushed.
The Police use unmarked cars and the practise of entrapment is common here. Many Police cars carry on-board radars so once they see you you've had it.
If you want a good fast ride here you need to plan it carefully.

Back