Stock Exhaust EXUP disconnect

I recently took off the EXUP cables from the stock exhaust, the EXUP butterfly valve is spring loaded and opens completely up once the cables are removed. This gives the engine a slightly deeper, lower rumble at idle and performance seemed snapper down low without any issues near redline, anyone out there tried this and/or dyno it?

The EXUP valve on the Gen II bikes is used for noise control as you have discovered. Not going to make any difference to the powerband at WOT since it's already open.

When I added my slip-on, I disconnected mine and even removed it from under the seat.

The bike runs good with no problems.

On another note, is there a way to get that check engine light to go away? I saw a unit that Graves motorsports sells, has anyone had any experience?

When I added my slip-on, I disconnected mine and even removed it from under the seat.

The bike runs good with no problems.

On another note, is there a way to get that check engine light to go away? I saw a unit that Graves motorsports sells, has anyone had any experience?

That's pretty much your only option if you disconnected the EXUP motor. I think DynoJet sells a similar one as well.

A much cheaper alternative is to reconnect the EXUP servo motor by itself (no cables) and check engine light will be gone. That's what I did when I installed my full Yosh R-77 exhaust.

That's pretty much your only option if you disconnected the EXUP motor. I think DynoJet sells a similar one as well.

A much cheaper alternative is to reconnect the EXUP servo motor by itself (no cables) and check engine light will be gone. That's what I did when I installed my full Yosh R-77 exhaust.

This is also what I did for my Akrapovic Slip on, No lights of any sort and beautiful exhaust note :)

Back