STP Motor Treatment

NJFZ1

Anybody use this product yet? I think it may be new to the market as I have never seen it before. If it's claims are true it looks like it might be very good for treating the gas prior to storing the bike for the Winter. I have always used Sta-Bil or Seafoam, but my give this a try next year (my bikes are already winterized this year).

attachment.php

My idea of winterizing is getting out when ever possible but I do like the Sea Foam product thus far.

Wish I had that luxury. I barely rode this past season (only about 1500 miles between both bikes). Just too much work and other commitments. I have no choice, but to winterize my bikes.

Seafoam is a solvent designed to dissolve carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and intake system, clean fuel injectors, and to clean the oil system by removing gum build up and carbonized oil, depending on where you apply it. STP additive is, as far as I know, also a solvent designed to do the same thing. The difference is that the chemical make up of Seafoam is different and is more concentrated. STP may work, but the amount needed to do the job may end up costing as much or more than the Seafoam.

Back