Street Fighter pulled over by trooper

I just want to let everyone know that the Tennessee Highway Patrol has criminal activity so contained that the biggest threat to public safety yesterday morning was my license plate "not being visible enough" on my 35 mile commute to work....

The Utah Highway patrol will stop for any mechanical condition or traffic violation on a major interstate route, They get a lot of drug trafficking busts that way. I always make sure all my mods are legit so I don't waste my time and theirs. I have seen a lot of plates stuffed way under the fender with no illumination that will get you pulled over in Utah. Depending on your local laws it always pays to check before you relocate or remove a stock component. Just saying, They have a job to do same as we do.

Dustin, haven't you and I been through this before? :) hey, at least you don't have a stalker cop that pulls you over 4 times using that same excuse. And now when he sees you he just follows you through his city. Bet ya want one now huh? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh please on the "they have a job to do"...what he's doing is what he thinks is a high percentage stop, using a BS reason. He wants you to run, or not have a license, or no insurance, and best of all (this makes them giddy) be drunk or on a stolen bike! but never mind your rights to not be pulled over when you have done nothing wrong.... Those are unimportant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the same veil, the owner of the bike has the responsibility to make sure he follows the motor vehicle guidelines for things such as license plates, illumination and turn signals.

If you go to the trouble of concealing (partially or otherwise) your license plate, you will attract unwanted attention.

:p

Quite frankly, look at the poster's bike. Useless headlights, no obvious signals (or any?), no obvious license plate--no wonder he was pulled over

Last edited:
Very true, you can't see my license plate from that angle. But it is mounted near the stock holes (I bought the bike totaled, the original mount was non existent). The issue I have with the whole ordeal is that I have several police customers at my business and I have discussed the placement of my plate with them. Each one says they can see it just fine and wouldn't hassle me about it, but I do understand that it is up to the officer's discretion. Then comes in the idea of axle nut mounted plates, which no officer can give me a straight answer on whether they are legal or not. I was not speeding, cutting through traffic, or giving him any easy reason to pull me over. Just heading to work

$400.00? That is really not right, A warning would do. That sounds like "highway robbery" to me, If your plate is anywhere close to the stock mount. I would try to contest that one.

There are many over zealous officers trying to eff up everybody's day, and there are also some good ones. But the aholes have a tendency to stand out.

So there is no issue when you move the mount. I know here in MD the tag has to be visibly seen. Here in MD its called a repair order. You can bet that if you don't fix it you will be seeing him again.

By the way.... that will get my vote for FZ of the month!!!

And yes I did get a ticket for this issue. $400 unless I change the mount, which is an easy fix and I won't have to pay. Just need a day off work to go to court

Been riding for over 20 years and have only been pulled over once and did not get a ticket. They are not targeting everyone on sport bikes. Maybe I just don't fit some demographic?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Back