StreetFigther or Regular Fazer 1000cc

Hi ,

Appreciate any feedback regarding the following issue : I am about to buy a brand new FZ the only concern I have with the naked bike is the lack of wind sheild .

Should I expect any issues above 140 Km in terms of wind resistance (safty issues ) I could only get a test ride on the standard fazer 1000 which was
perfect @ those speed ( 140Km -160Km I am not looking to ride higher than this .... maybe only sometimes :) but mostly touring at the weekends with my wife )

I am moving from Tmax ( has wind shield ) to my first real bike and I want to make sure non saftey/fun issues due to the lack of wind shield .

appreciate your feedback
A new Fz1 rider
Doron

Welcome Doron! Nice to have you along. I'm not sure how bad the naked versions are since mine is the first generation model and has the windshield. There are quite a few members here that run the "streetfighter" look and I'm sure they will chime in with their thoughts.

I am riding the StreetFighter and I love it. But with speeds around 140KM you will get quite alot of wind.

I does not have to be a problem and if it it will bother you will probable also depend on how windy it is when you are riding. On a nice and sunny day without wind I was able to go 200KM without any wind issue's. But when the wind is blowing hard it can be hard to go 120.

Oh and for carving roads it is no problem at all

I always drive solo so don't know how it is for the passenger.

I bought mine also without riding the N version and I love mine

Hope this

Mies

I also have the FZ1N (naked) and sitting at 140+ consistently can be very draining on you as you get a lot of wind blast.
Under 130 kph is not problem at all.
The bike excels around town and especially in the twisties.

winshield for FZ1N

I was thinking about adding a winshiled to the streefigther , but I was
told by the local dealers that they arn't so effective ( due to the size/width etc).

Altough touring will take place only once a while , getting an air wind @ a speed of > 130+ doest seems like something easy to live with especialy
at the winter .

I can take out of the store the naked , or wait 3 weeks for the full fairing .

Thansk a lot for the feedback.

I was thinking about adding a winshiled to the streefigther , but I was
told by the local dealers that they arn't so effective ( due to the size/width etc).

Altough touring will take place only once a while , getting an air wind @ a speed of > 130+ doest seems like something easy to live with especialy
at the winter .

I can take out of the store the naked , or wait 3 weeks for the full fairing .

Thansk a lot for the feedback.

if that's a big selling point for you, i'd say wait the 3 weeks if you can and get the faired version.

I also drive the N in the winter and have to say that it is not really that much colder that when i was driving with my CBF1000.

Thanks all

LoL ...Getting a good neck muscle workout should be come a second habit
if I want to drive over 140 Kph thats a good point .

If I undertand correctly for most of the streetfigthers the wind blast is not
such a big deal , and it something you can live with .

I hope I can take the right decision by tomorrow , otherwise will wait the 3 weeks , the funny thing is that most od the ducati's I took for test ride were
completetly naked ( monster 696 , 796 & hipermotard ) with all I felt it was hard to take the wind at ~ 160 Kph but mainly due to a lack of a good helmet rather then the wind .

Got my fazer 1000 a month ago .....

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your support , I got the beast a month ago and its amazing , it took me sometime to get used to it since its very powefull and I just cant wait for weekend road travel that will take place this sat .

I think that choosong the full faring bike was the right decision for me , dont have such developed neck muscles after all @ my age it will be harder to gain enough mass ;-) was able to drive about 177Km( last travel I had on august ) and wearing my new xtwelve shoei elmet make it just a perefect riding , cant compare it to Yamaha Black Max , Maxi scooter I had before ...

I will post some photos from Sat riding

Doron
150HP whisperer

I also have the FZ1N (naked) and sitting at 140+ consistently can be very draining on you as you get a lot of wind blast.
Under 130 kph is not problem at all.
The bike excels around town and especially in the twisties.

I have converted the bike to the N version, with no wind gusts against the bike is left to handle 140-150km, for more speed wind hits you hard, I'm hoping I get my dome puig to try and see the difference :waiting:

Went for a fang today with my bud who has an 08 R1. Clocked 275kph on back road straight, no probz with wind blast. Naked is the only way!!!.

Back