Super bright LED turn signals

firefly

Just completed my home made hose super bright LED turn signals, been wanting to replace the stock turn signals for a while so I made my own using a hose and some eagle eye 3 watt LEDs used 8 of them. they are very bright in day light.

I used amber but they are also available in red, adding a diode circuit they can be used as 1- turn signals/ running lights or 2- turn signals / brake lights

Last edited:
Some photos in daylight & night, day light photos do no justice to how bright they are, the night shots are with no flash but the front bilkers reflection on the wall gives of stray light.

Last edited:
Better visibility is always good!
What can you do for daylight photos to show them better ... compared with stock?

These LEDs have a lens that magnifies the light, its like pointing a flash light to the eyes, other members used these eagle eye LEDs and know how bright they are, they cover a wide angle & can be seen from a 45* angel very well.

if you have stock turn signals please take a photo & post it here for comparison, take it in day light, I forgot to do so before removing the stock ones.
the whole thing is also a license plate holder/ fender eliminator.
I've seen many turn signals like the integrated brake/ turn signals ones & they are 90% less visible, also the tiny LED ones sold with fender eliminators are a joke for visibility.

BUT if I was to do it again I would use the white ones and put a yellow film on them, they will be even brighter with a (fog light yellow film which is lighter then the amber ones.) the amber light color is vivid like the ones on late model Mercedes running lights.

Some ebay sellers claim they are 9 watts but don't believe them they are 3 watts each.

We can also use radiantz strip LEDs, I have them on another bike and they are bright, a different look, I would use 4 five inch ones two each side.
just an idea.

Back