SW-Motech & Ohlin

3B43

Is there ANY issue w/mounting the SW-Motech hardware, for the Givi V35's when an Ohlin is on the bike, due to the dampner/preload adjusters being mounted on the side? And will a Yoshi clear the V35 bags?

Thanks!

It 'appears' that the front mount for the bags goes to the rear bolt on the rear peg bracket . . . . which is where the adjustments for the Ohlins attach on both sides. If my assumption is correct, I guess I'd have to make a bracket for the adjustors! Hmmmm . . . .

Anyone else have Givi's & an Ohlin on there bike?

the issue is generally with SW-Motech or H&B for the matter where 1 of the mounting points for the rack is using the passenger peg mountings.

with an external dangling reservoir and adjuster which requires mounting, usually will cause some problems somewhere down the road..

which is 1 of the reason why i chose bitubo rear shock.

anyway, i believe you could do with a couple of nuts and mount the adjuster and reservoir on the inside in the following config for the RHS(Exhaust side).

nut ---> Ohlins adapter plate --> Bike mount plate --> SW-motech adapter --> Passenger pegs

It 'appears' that the front mount for the bags goes to the rear bolt on the rear peg bracket . . . . which is where the adjustments for the Ohlins attach on both sides. If my assumption is correct, I guess I'd have to make a bracket for the adjustors! Hmmmm . . . .

Anyone else have Givi's & an Ohlin on there bike?

I have the GIVI, Ohlin combo on my bike, (with the Givi rack not the SW Motech one). No problems with having both mounted.

leftGivirackclearance.jpg

TopSellerieinstalled.jpg

Topselleriesideprofile.jpg

Ohlinstestride.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Hopefully that helps.

VERY helpfull . . . Thank You! You said you had the Givi mount. Is that a simple 'bolt on' piece, or is there some mods that have to be made to mount it?

VERY helpfull . . . Thank You! You said you had the Givi mount. Is that a simple 'bolt on' piece, or is there some mods that have to be made to mount it?

Fairly simple bolt on mount. I only have the side racks not the top box and that does make a difference. The side racks hang from two tabs under the tail piece with additional mounting points at the bottom of the passenger pegs and through the stock rear signal holes on the stock rear fender. If you have no rear fender you have to fabricate a peice to join the two sides at the rear to keep the stability of the bags. Minor fabricating skills and a tiny bit of imagination is all you need to get that done. With the stock fender it is a breeze. I am helping another local member on Saturday get this done, I may take pictures of the build........

My last trip, to Laguna Seca (you know, those guys are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!), made my mind up to get hard bags & the V35 are the best looking. I appreciate the info!

Back