Tail Lights Work Brake Lights Don't

I bought my fazer 06 with aftermarket rear sets and the guy never put the rear brake switch back on.... Got the drill out, and now I have a rear brake light again :)

Oh, and I said to reverse the wires just in case the mechanic put something backwards. The switch is really easy, it has a tip that sticks out that the lever touches, you can see it if you look under the handlebar. It's not hard to get to at all. I'm betting with a little investigative work you'll see the issue there.

It's the switch. I took the wire off and the light went dim. :tup:

Put it back on and it went back bright.

Switched them around and it we bright again.

The contact points looked pretty clean. The switch is only $15 on cheap cycle parts, so I'm gonna start there. Hopefully that fixes it.

It's not the terminations on the outside of the switch, the inside contacts and that little tip will get gunked up with wax or dirt and won't operate correctly and you wouldnt be able to see the issue. Spray some stuff in there an work the switch, I've had that happen myself.

Dang Missy want to work on my bike? :)

It's not the terminations on the outside of the switch, the inside contacts and that little tip will get gunked up with wax or dirt and won't operate correctly and you wouldnt be able to see the issue. Spray some stuff in there an work the switch, I've had that happen myself.

Unfortunately, the problem isn' electrical. It's mechanical and it's because of the blade style levers that i put on.

There's a button on the front of the switch. When its depressed, the brake light goes off, and when its not, the brake light is on.

The interior of the levers has worn down a bit, so when i'm not squeezing the lever, the back part of the lever doesn't go down far enough to depress the button, so the light stays on.

I just re-read that last paragraph and it sounds confusing as sht.

Anyway, I'd rather have an okay looking brake lever that works properly than a cool looking one that doesn't.

Long story short - Can anyone recommend a FUNCTIONAL inexpensive aftermarket brake lever that comes in black or red at a reasonable price w/ quick shipping?

TIA.

firedragon brothers or something like that on flEabay....good knock off of the pazzos (from what I've seen from others who have installed)

Back