tail of the dragon

hey , 3-5 of us are going down to the tail /dragon and blue ridge parkway for june 16th . we are staying most of the week following.2 fz1 s father/ son. plus a few friends .......sound like FUN ????? we will trailer down then stay in sylva nc.then go on day rides from that area.wanna go????? if so you would need to drive there with your own vehicle ,but could meetup in sylva .thanks send me a reply if interested.

Last edited:
I was just there 2 weekends ago (we make it down about twice a year) and it was great as usual. One thing I didn't get to do on this trip is the Cherohala Skyway. I love that road!

If you're going to spend any time on the Gap, be aware that the police presence seems to be higher than usual this year. TSP is also doing something I'd never seen before by having two motorcycle cops riding the road from time to time. Granted, they're on Harley's...but still, it's a bit different. The cruisers are also sitting in places that I've never seen them sit before. And either TSP or the North Carolina State Police are also running unmarked, silver Crown Vics now, so watch out for those.

Other than the higher than usual police presence, it was a great weekend. 28 was clear and I never saw a cop.

Have fun!

I live in the area and the police presence is crazy. In addition to what CCHOUSEKY said you need to watch out for N.C. ST Troopers on BWM's and an unmarked white ford bronco. So don't pass on the double yellow if you see it. They have even started to have a regular presence on the skyway...

Are they having a bunch of MC accidents around the Gap and that's why they're 'tightening up' or is this just revenue generation.....just wondering.

Little bit of both. There have been a bunch of accidents but they had upped thier presence since they started thier yearly patrols

Back