Taking off the fairing? Anyone?

troyw

Hello all!

I have a small crack in the fairing from when I dropped the new bike. Yeah, I'm clumsy, what can I say. I did buy a new one, just in case the crack gets bigger. What I'd like to know is how to get the blasted fairing off. I was stopped by that last screw in the center behind the instrument cluster. I can't get at it. Is Yamaha serious? Do I actually have to take off the headlights and the whole front bracket that holds it all together just to get at one screw? Am I missing something simple here? Please help...someone! What's the procedure for removing the fairing?

Thanks,

T.W.

Hello all!

I have a small crack in the fairing from when I dropped the new bike. Yeah, I'm clumsy, what can I say. I did buy a new one, just in case the crack gets bigger. What I'd like to know is how to get the blasted fairing off. I was stopped by that last screw in the center behind the instrument cluster. I can't get at it. Is Yamaha serious? Do I actually have to take off the headlights and the whole front bracket that holds it all together just to get at one screw? Am I missing something simple here? Please help...someone! What's the procedure for removing the fairing?

Thanks,

T.W.
All you need is a flexable screwdriver.

A flexible screwdriver? What? Are you serious? I've never heard of such a thing, but if it's true, gotta get one. A 90 degree screwdriver would work, but it's the space to get at the screw. It needs to have a looong reach too. Do I have to take the headlights out?

Back