Tank Bag Advice

Jamieb

Can anyone give me advice on a tank bag? I am interested in one big enough to be useful but still look good. I would like to see pics if anyone has any. I have been looking at the Bags connection stuff so far.

I have the Bags Connection Engage XL on my bike and love it. Lots of room and looks like it "belongs" on the Gen II.

I have the Bags Connection Engage XL on my bike and love it. Lots of room and looks like it "belongs" on the Gen II.

That is the exact bag I am looking at, does it get in the way at all? Is there any way you could post a pic with it on the bike?

The bag does not get in the way in the least. You won't know it is there when you are riding at all. You will never touch it.

It is snowing right now and my bike is parked in, so sorry no picks at least for a day or two. I will take a couple of pic's soon though.

With the tank mount ring the bag never touches the tank, but rides about 1/2" or so above it and follows the contour of the tank perfectly. It looks like it was made for the FZ1.

My hardest decision was whether or not to get the XL or the regular size. Get the XL.

Can anyone give me advice on a tank bag? I am interested in one big enough to be useful but still look good. I would like to see pics if anyone has any. I have been looking at the Bags connection stuff so far.

I bought a

BC.TRS.00.004.8000
Bags-Connection "City" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System

What I like about it is you can buy the filler neck adapter ring for almosy any motorcycle. Which I have. I have had this bag on three bikes over a 6-7 year period.

What's nice is to remove it only requires a tug on the lanyard and the whole bag comes off. This makes gassing up a breeze. And if you decide to stop at a local watering hole for food and drinks you can take the bag with you.

By the way, you can purchase just the attatchment hardware for the bag and the filler neck seperately. This way you can attach them to your existing bag and filler neck and still have the convenience of the quick disconnect.

Last edited:
I bought a

BC.TRS.00.004.8000
Bags-Connection "City" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System

What I like about it is you can buy the adapter ring for almosy any motorcycle. Which I have. I have had this bag on three bikes over a 6-7 year period.

What's nice is to remove it only requires a tug on the lanyard and the whole thing comes off. This makes gassing up a breeze. And if you dicide to stop at a local watering hole for food and drinks you can take it with you.

I use the same Gascap Mounting System for the Engage XL. What's cool is you can also get a powered tank ring that supplies power to the tank back when you snap it on.

I have hesitated using anything on the tank since I get skeered of scratches.I have a cortech that is about 5 years old but doesnt fit the FZ real well however the strap goes right through the frame where the air intakes are which secure it quite well.I usually let the wife carry everything on her Vstar 1300 so i can keep my ride looking gangsta!!

Back