Tank Bag - Held Carry - Thoughts?

I just bought the same cortech bag and cut off the handle, nice bag but smaller than the Held. Not happy they put the drink tube hole on the right side of the bag- what's up with that as my right hand is busy with the throttle.
Very good price for the Held (surprised), they have quality products. Been using a magnetic bag for years on my FR with no problems - holds tight at 150mph or in cross winds. Makes for refuel stops easy.

Are you referring to the hole for headphone wires? Not sure they necessarily meant it for use with a drink tube. Maybe I'm wrong. I have the mini cortech and it's been very useful, after 4 years it's only now starting to show signs of getting old. The Held is nice for under $100.

Although the website is called "Held USA", I always understood Held was a German company that has used different USA distributors/importers.

I've owned a few Held tank bags in the past that I purchased from the company that used to be the importer. I've owned 4 different tank bags, two from Held and two from Field Sheer. (FS was bought by Cortech)

The Held bags were great! Both of the ones I had used strap bases, I didn't switch to a magnetic base until a couple years ago.

For me, bigger is better, I carry all my work stuff in my tank bag. (Rain pants, jeans, shoes, coffee thermos, sandwich, clear helmet visor, tool kit, summer gloves, rain cover, manual fuel pump)

Held stuff is great, I'd buy their products again.

I have a GIVI T410 tank bag. I've had mine for around 6 years 50K miles and it's a perfect place to keep my radar detector. :) Oh yeah it's great for carrying all sorts of things too. :) I keep my rain gear in the bottom compartment and the top I keep all sorts of other stuff. It's expandable so you can even put 2 gallons of milk in the top compartment. Sure you cant see your gauges like that but that's where the radar detector comes in handy. :) I recommend the GIVI T410. :tup:

Last edited:
Personally I don't like tankbags. I see it sortof like having my aunt between me and my girlfriend.
there is one that looks interesting with a nice feature set:
Alpinestars Tech Aero Tankbag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
# Fully expandable from 20L to 30L (approx)
# Large expandable top bag with Clear Map holder
# Removable base with clear map holder and removable magnets
# Internal lap top sleeve fits most 15” Lap Top Computers
# Internal organizer pockets
# Side pockets
# Secure strapping system included for secure application for motorcycles with aluminum or plastic fuel tanks

Last but not least, when you remove it from the magnetic plate, it has two shoulder straps so you can carry it as a backpack. That's very smart.

Back