Test Ride

So last week I filled out an online application on the BMW website to test ride an S1000 RR. Got a card today from my nearest dealer in Atlanta saying I can come in to test ride any new or used Bike they have on the floor :yes:

My question is why in the heck our local dealer won't even let you test ride a used bike but BMW/Ducati/Husqvarna will? I know you'll ask what sparked my interest all of a sudden about BMW? Well my group ride last weekend with about 100 bike had 1 Person with a sweet looking Bimmer and ohhhh the power stock is ridiculous + it's a BMW :)

When I ride, if I like, I will buy.

I'm sure it's an awesome ride. I certainly wouldn't mind test riding one of them. When I went to Americade this past August BMW only had their new touring bikes available for demos. Rode the K1600GT, but not my cup of tea. Now the SR1000RR would have been a different story ;)

we were just looking at this bike online at work the other day... 'rain mode' limits its output to ...only... 150 hp

Yea lol@ "only 150 hp. Maybe I'm going through a phase but I haven't even mastered my FZ1 yet, Oh well who cares? You only live once I want to say yeah I had/have one of those lol.

Update

Well!! visited the BMW/Ducati dealer today to test ride the bike, needless to say the FZ1 is still in my garage. I know most will prefer an extensive report but considering I didn't like the it not much to report.

That would have been the perfect bike for me if I were into riding once a month and and then just letting it sit, but since i ride EVERYDAY, it's not the bike for me. In it's defense, I'll say all "Real" sportbikes probably feel like that. I can't see myself going 2 hrs in that position at all, and considering I rode my bike to the dealer with Title in hand ready to do the deal, the ride home would have definitely sucked. Now the bike has pleanty features like abs standard and free of charge for Military (-$1500), 3 modes or riding (rain, sport, race), actually 4 modes but the 4th is called slicks (or something)for when you plan on doing some serious track days and put racing slicks on. Oh and the power was wonderful. I was actually scared to hit it really hard for fear of the front end coming up on me. The bike in itself was really nice, the position (like all spotsbike) sucked for me. I must be getting old and weak :).

I should have test ridden the Ducati Streetfighter and Monster. I actually think I will go test ride both of them, but from what I hear about the maintenance cost, I'd be paying out my a$$ for the amount of riding I do. So again, unless I plan on riding once or twice a month and letting it sit, that's probably not going to work for me either from a financial standpoint. Did I mention how much I love my FZ1? :) :). For those of you that have/had real sportbike, how did you do it??????

The hospitaility in the dealership was unlike anything I'd seen in the any bike dealer I visited in the past. Must have something to do with selling $20K bikes. Very nice people, nobody pressuring you to buy, even after you test rode their bike. It's like when you're ready give me a call.

The Yamaha dealership by me is kinda like that. I felt like Norm on cheers walking in there lol.I was looking at a used o7 Fz1 with only 295 miles on it and they actually told me I could have it for the weekend to see how I liked it. I should have taken him up on it but couldn't get past the "what if" factor

It's hard to beat Japanese bikes for overall rideability and reliability. The BMW riding position is way too severe for day to day riding. Once they come out with a more upright postion style with the same features for us 'oldsters' I'll be down at the dealer looking for a test ride.

Back