The Beast has arrived!

Ok, finally got registered here. Been on FZ1OA for a year.

I picked up my ultimate "wanted to get" bike - an 07 Black FZ1 - $5900
4075 miles
$900 worth of mods
ASV Shorty levers (much better than pazzos)
Undertail + Fender Eliminator
Clear turn signals
Black Micron Exhaust (OMFG Loud. I need to put back the db killers)

Rode it 180 miles on the interstate from where I picked it up.

Atleast now I will stop lusting/looking at other bikes. It is the ultimate bike I wanted.

Just brought it home, so pics will have to wait till tomorrow after I wash and wipe it. Today was the day. Rain was forecasted yesterday but it changed this morning and I didn't get a drop of rain :rockon:

I can't believe how clean the bike is, looks like it was just sitting on a showroom floor. The owner was anal about keeping it clean and servicing it every 1000 miles. He was a little pissed that I was going to ride it back in the rain which I am glad it didn't rain. Now it does put pressure on me to keep it spotless :D.

3510668280_868a16f77e.jpg

3509858551_1356307a4e.jpg

3509858375_dca9f1b067.jpg

3509858237_ab19fb0bd2.jpg

3510667850_e69ac705ba.jpg

3510667732_f445acd08d.jpg

3510667678_a228199943.jpg

3510667634_b17f57b2ce.jpg

Review: Power is everywhere. You have to be really watching the speedo as speed climbs quickly and you don't even notice it. Handles like a dream, so compact. It tracks and holds a line great. The frontend on the FZ6 hangs out too much. For the FZ6 I had to point the front end in the right direction in the curves even with R6 forks. FZ1 falls into a line almost automatically. The riding position is very natural for touring as well as carving the twisties. Though I may still rotate up the bars a little bit. I feel like i am one with the bike which I didn't feel with the FZ6.The FZ1 is very compact in the front. The stock screen is great so far. No turbulence. Have to ride one with a aftermaket double bubble screen to know whether to get it or not. The seat may need to be changed but I was fine after a 180 miles interstate ride. You feel like you are sitting on the bike rather than into it. But then the stock FZ6 seat was the same too. Stock brakes are awesome. Suspension is good too but will become gr8 after they are dialed in. Actually it is the best I have seen on a stock bike. It absorbs bumps much better than the R6 suspension on my FZ6.

Ohh did I mention: 43 mpg interstate avg speed 75mph (95-100 tops) even with 10 less psi in both tires (forgot to check b4 leaving). I bet you could get 50+ at 55-65mph speeds on local roads.

I dont feel like I am riding a much powerful bike in the sense of being fearful. It is so easy to ride, handles so well, fits so well, feels so compact, composed all the time. A little more aggressive stance than the FZ6. That is the reason I put FZ1 bars on the FZ6. Perfect riding position among the many bikes I have tired and sat on. I say anyone who is on the verge, should upgrade to the FZ1. I betcha this bike is more suitable for the tracks in terms of handling if not in terms of excess power compared to the FZ6. It handles much much better.

2up: My wife actually feels more comfortable on the FZ1 stock seat compared to the FZ6 TS seat as she sits a bit higher. I have bought a Sargent seat already for the rider.

I just keep smiling all the way when I ride it and can't wipe it off even while going to sleep in the night. I just keep talking to myself "What a bike! It is just so damn good". You will forget the FZ6 quickly. I can say this as I own both and can ride them back to back. Even though I loved the FZ6 I always used to be confused if it was really the bike I wanted, whether it was my perfect bike and I used to always look at other bikes. Trust me, I don't look at other bikes any more on ebay, CL, cycletrader, etc. Some reasons being it is a FZ1 - an icon, legendary bike, it is such a looker, the power.

Go test ride one! If you don't want to upgrade then you better don't as that test ride will make you think about getting the FZ1 all the time. I had pretty much decided not to upgrade from the FZ6 for the next couple of years. But that one test ride changed everything and it was a demo bike not even broken in yet - 620 miles.

Last edited:
I'm no expert on FZ6's, but something tells me that it is a few steps removed from stock. If it is an entry bike for your friend, they will not be disappointed....

(just don't let them ride your FZ1 until after the first year.....you may never hear the end of it :poke:)

BroHay

Nice looking ride there, I see you keep fast company. I would offer a word of advice. If you are turning that kind of mileage at the speed you said you were going, I'd check your fuel mixture. You have to be running pretty lean to get that kind of mileage. I put an MIVV on my bike and tuned it for the pipe, my mileage went from about 42 average to abot 38 average and that's at a pretty constant 65-70. I just leaned it up a week ago by 5% in the midrange and I'm still only getting 39. I'd be taking it somewhere they can check it before you melt a piston. How's your temp been reading?

Back