the best slip on

burkerider

Hi again. I've been reading a lot on this forum and have noticed how few people have a GYTR pipe as i do. I did my homework, checking performance increases and sound quality and chose the GYTR. I've heard a few fz's with different slip ons and i think mine sounds nuts ,( that's good nuts ) compared to some others. I know that in the American sites the pipe i have is said to be for closed circuit racing only, is this the reason or am i missing something?

If you had a full system that would be for closed circuits, To me it depends on how loud and who it will attract, ie Police, I think in Australia some aftermarket parts are illegal. Slipon pipes and undertail elimator are two of them, but what you tell the cop is either, I didn't know that officer or it was like that when I bought it (which mine was), lol. If you like the look of it also then why not, A slipons horse power differance between all other brands can very upto about 8hp. My bike put out 136.26hp (PC3) from 131.38hp (standard with slipon) on the dyno, if I wanted more then Id buy a full system and all the other tricks and mods to go with it. My Yoshi TRC came with a db killer so i can get to work in stealth mode through the week and take it out on weekends for some head turning action, hahaha,

Most manufacturers will add that to let the buyer know if they get ticketed, don't complain to the manufacturer. Compare the sound level of the majority of aftermarket cans to the stock muffler. There's usually a huge difference.

When it comes to aftermarket slip-ons, my opinion is that they are all basically the same thing, a "straight through" designed canister. Unless you have a full exhaust system I doubt that there will be a drastic improvement in horsepower from one to another. Its really all about sound. Less restriction, more sound. Now what type of sound you are looking for is another story. I like the sound of the GYTR pipe, and unless your gonna go with a full header, it's probably the same in terms of horsepower gains than any other straight through design. They are all basically a 2" hole surrounded by baffling. Cap off your airbox, buy a PCIII, richen up your map, and enjoy the ride. My bike is a GenI, but once I blocked off the airbox, the popping went from outrageous to almost nothing. You will always have a little but thats normal. You can't do anything about that. Like Lonerider said, I'd be more concerned with richening up the mixture. Good luck!

well, comes to to your likes.....mine....MIVV GP Shorty....

If I had a Gen II -- I'd like to have a Micron Serpent -- have never heard one, but the line of the exhaust goes GREAT! with the Gen II.

Hi again. I've been reading a lot on this forum and have noticed how few people have a GYTR pipe as i do. I did my homework, checking performance increases and sound quality and chose the GYTR. I've heard a few fz's with different slip ons and i think mine sounds nuts ,( that's good nuts ) compared to some others. I know that in the American sites the pipe i have is said to be for closed circuit racing only, is this the reason or am i missing something?

The main reason that pipe is sold as "closed circuit only" is not really because of the sound level, but because of emissions purposes. It eliminated the catalytic converter that's in the stock muffler. As for needing to richen the mixture at this point I don't think it's really needed with only a slip-on. I have heard from several sources that the Gen II bikes are on the rich side from the factory anyway...

Hi again. I've been reading a lot on this forum and have noticed how few people have a GYTR pipe as i do. I did my homework, checking performance increases and sound quality and chose the GYTR. I've heard a few fz's with different slip ons and i think mine sounds nuts ,( that's good nuts ) compared to some others.

I support your view, but unfortunately not available in Europe :tdown:

Back