the error code 20

today i turn the key on and found an error code 20 i checked the manual

20 - Intake air pressure sensor or atmospheric

someone can tell me where is the position of this sensor? thanks!

As far as I know, that is the sensor that is on the top of the air box (lid) Check to make sure the connection has not come loose. It has a clip type plug, that you will need to carefully lift the front of the tank up to get to. Be carefull not to kink your fuel line when raising the tank. I have a picture on my computer at home and will post it tonight.

undertankairsensor.jpg

FZAirboxandsensor.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I know, that is the sensor that is on the top of the air box (lid) Check to make sure the connection has not come loose. It has a clip type plug, that you will need to carefully lift the front of the tank up to get to. Be carefull not to kink your fuel line when raising the tank. I have a picture on my computer at home and will post it tonight.

thanks brother.

looking at the part list I think it should be located under the front seat, probably between the front and rear seat. (sorry I do not have my bike here to look for it at the moment).

According to the manual it should be quit easy to check the functions of the two sensors to determine which one it is that is falling.

now the problem is the engine warning light will be on when the engine is cold and show error code 20 but it will go after the engine warmed up. so i can not confirm which sensor was broken. some proficient can help to diagnose it? thank you.

I had the same problem on mine. It turned out to be just the connection on the sensor on the top of the airbox. Try unplugging it and squirting some dielectric grease into the plug and reattaching it. It fixed mine 3 months ago and haven't had the problem since. The sensor is probably fine.

i send the bike to repairer yesterday. i pull out the sensor plug what we discussd. the result is following pic showed

ELECTRICAL_1.png

pic1

EXHAUST.png

pic2

INTAKE.png

pic3

INTAKE_2.png

pic4

ELECTRICAL_2.png

pic5

Last edited:
when i pulled out the plug no.27 in the first pic i have uploaded the error code was 23

when i pulled out the plug no.15 in the third pic the error code was 22

when i pulled out no.2 in the second pic the error code was still 20

so is that mean the sensor has been shown in the second pic was broken? but that is a
O2 sensor. if i leave it alone will it has a great influence on my bike?

somebody can tell me where i can buy this sensor? Because i can not buy this sensor in China. Thanks!

You can NOT test the sensors by removing them since this will cause another fault code. in your case 22 and 23 wich means that the sensor in question has a short-circute or is broken in som other way.
The o2 sensor has nothing to do with this at the moment.

this is from the manual:

"symptom:
When the main switch is turned ON, the atmospheric pressure sensor and the intake air pressure sensor voltage differ greatly.

1. Atmospheric pressure sensor hose is clogged.
2. Intake air pressure sensor hose is clogged. kinked, or pinched.
3. Malfunction of the atmospheric pressure sensor in the intermediate electrical potential.
4. Malfunction of the intake air pressure sensor in the intermediate electrical potential.
5. Malfunction in ECU."

Checking the sensors is a bit tricky, so I would first check so they are not clogged.

thank man i followed what you said and found a new problem
there is an unknow electronic component link to the intake air pressure sensor i think this is the reason what make the error code happened so i take it off. But when i took it off the error code was still exist. but the phenomena is changed. Before i pull off the unknow compenent the error code 20 is always there but when the engine warmed up then it go. but now when i turn the key on the code will show up and then i turn the key off and turn on again it just go. i really have no idea about that.

by the way the unknow componet is called "FUEL CUT ELIMINATOR RACE ONLY"
it's come from IVAN'S PERFORMANCE PRODUCT is there anyone know about this eliminator? what is it use for?

MY bike is second hand and bought from my TAIWAN friend.

What you have there is a component that is made by by IVAN (who is a well known tuner in the US). it is fitted to the bike to minimize a problem that was mostly common in the 2006 model. The problem was that the fuel was stopped pumping into the cylinders when you got of the throttle and this could result in a very unpleasant felling if you where going into a corner and got of the throttle (as one normally does) it could cause you to fall inwards in the corner since there was no drive at all from the engine.
IVAN mad this device to fool the injection system to still give a little fuel even if you had backed all off on the throttle.

I have one of these on my 06 and I have had no problems at all.

I do not know what is causing the error in your machine but I would suspect that the FCE (Fuel Cut off Eliminator) somehow changes the voltage when the machine is warmed up and then the ECU is happy (the differences in voltage is inside the tolerances or something).

Try to get a hold of Ivan in the other forum or via his homepage Ivan's Performance Products maybe he can help you.

Back