The "Halo" Thread

Pretty much done with the light kit. I installed the headlight enclosure on the bike today and sat thinking where to mount the ballast. It has to be in a cool place that preferably gets some air flow. I decided to mount it on the stem of the instrument cluster. I used some high strength double sided tape from Radio Shack and also used two black electrician's ties. It's on there nice and tight and out of the way.
IMG_0749.jpg

I spliced into the headlight circuit and decided to have them run while using the "low beams". On the GenI, the positive low beam lead is the "black/green" wire, and the ground is "black". The high beam is the "yellow/black" wire which in this case remains untouched.
IMG_0755.jpg

I soldered and taped the connections after first running a quick test to make sure that they worked. I used heat shrink tubing on all the connections as well.
IMG_0757.jpg

Once everything was buttoned up I cut the positive lead in half and installed a terminal end on each lead which now runs to the switch in the fairing insert.
IMG_0761.jpg

Now the Halo's can be switched on and off while I'm riding but will only power up with the bike. This way I don't have to worry about someone hitting the switch while the bike is parked and drain the battery.
IMG_0760.jpg

With my cheap camera and tuff lighting, it's hard to see them working in the photo but they are. The switch works great and I'll have better pictures when the bike is finished.
IMG_0758.jpg

It's hard to see but I made a short video clip of the lights working via the switch. I promise to get better shots when the bike is complete. Thanks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1icPkbq2I]YouTube - Halo Light Test[/ame]

projectors

I have been wanting to do this mod as well and was thinking of getting the angel eyes that have the projectors as all in one piece to go with the HID's I already have installed. Are they worth the extra money and do they take away from the look of the HID's/angels eyes?

I have been wanting to do this mod as well and was thinking of getting the angel eyes that have the projectors as all in one piece to go with the HID's I already have installed. Are they worth the extra money and do they take away from the look of the HID's/angels eyes?

Thats a good question. I'm not sure though what the answer is due to the fact that I don't have HID's. You may want to use the link I left for Scotty above and contact the seller and ask him that question as they may be able to answer it for you better than I.

Back