The more I look at it....

The stock fenders on almost all bikes look like hot garbage, imho. I was lucky to have mine already taken care of when I bought it. Unfortunately, I had to learn how to solder (I suck at it 😆) because the PO did a terrible job reconnecting all the wiring...

The stock fenders on almost all bikes look like hot garbage, imho. I was lucky to have mine already taken care of when I bought it. Unfortunately, I had to learn how to solder (I suck at it 😆) because the PO did a terrible job reconnecting all the wiring...
I feel your pain on the PO. Rear turn signal connections were barely taped together.
Thankfully it seemed to be the only thing he touched before his wife made him sell it before he killed himself.

Hi my bike had a tidy tail on it and I put on the motodynamic led tail lite and thar trun signals I got smoked on both I like them look grate

Yes that looks nice are you keeping the turn signals on the back and front I changed mine out for the leds I just got new head lites and they are brite

Attachments

• 7F3DC890-D417-4BE9-9420-E2142EA388F7.png
    7F3DC890-D417-4BE9-9420-E2142EA388F7.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 6EFCC54E-BD9A-47C5-8655-E3E95944F658.png
    6EFCC54E-BD9A-47C5-8655-E3E95944F658.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 4
Not sure about the Gen 2 but the Gen 1 is pretty easy to remove the ugly fender and still retain the factory license plate bracket. I acquired a bone stock 2004 FZ1 a few weeks ago and that's the first thing I did, 30 minutes with a hacksaw, a Dremel, a file, and a few different grits of sandpaper and it looks much better.

My 2002 already had some fancy clean undertail that was silver matching the bike, along with a silver tire hugger/chainguard, and clear tail light lenses with red bulbs.

Not sure about the Gen 2 but the Gen 1 is pretty easy to remove the ugly fender and still retain the factory license plate bracket. I acquired a bone stock 2004 FZ1 a few weeks ago and that's the first thing I did, 30 minutes with a hacksaw, a Dremel, a file, and a few different grits of sandpaper and it looks much better.

My 2002 already had some fancy clean undertail that was silver matching the bike, along with a silver tire hugger/chainguard, and clear tail light lenses with red bulbs.
I thought about modifying the fender, but this kit was so clean and had all the features I was looking for. Plus it was only 80 bucks. Can't get out of the grocery store for less than that!

Indeed the rear fender is not a beautiful thing to behold, but if one is using side cases, i.e. Givi, then the support from the fender is a good thing to have. As I age, function over form is taking on more importance, 20 years ago, no effin way.

Back