Tighten Head stock bearings

Guys

I posted a thread yesterday with the problem of my bars shaking under decelleration @ around 70kmh.

responce was great and i will now be checking any play when i get in later on.

The question is...

If i do find wear the first thing to do is to try and take the play out i assume.

A colleague has also told me that an unballanced front wheel may also cause this....is this correct??

Can anybody tell how to tighten the headstock? (sounds dumb i know).
Step by step and what spanners etc required???...
I have just moved interstate and all my tools are in transit....dont really want to go out and by a load of tools that i already have and will be here in a few days!

Going to get a workshop manual as well...any body know where this is available for download??

Cheers Dave

You really should get a service manual if you want to tackle the job yourself. The manual breaks down the proceedure and lists the special tools they suggest in doing the job (there are three of them). If you have any bad bearings, you will need to replace the appropriate race (s) as well. Its quite a job, especially if you don't have the right tools, manual, or experience. It might be cheaper to have a good dealer do it for you. Although there a few outfits that offer manuals on CD, if you check out the very first page of the "real deal", it says, "any reproduction or unauthorized use without the written permission of Yammaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is expressly prohibited". It just happens to be a pet peave of mine that some unsavory indviduals like to take advantage of the honest people who actually put the time an effort into writing and producing manuals. A ftont tire/wheel could cause you problem, But I would think if it was unballanced, you would also feel it somewhere in the accelleration as well. Might as well do it right and be done with it.

Back