TPS vs Ivan's FCE

Delta

Ok just a quick one guys,
What's the difference between the Ivan's FCE and just adjusting the TPS other than saving you a months worth of beer money.
Why not just adjust the throttle position sensor/s so you don't get the fuel cut and the snatch?
Educate me, I want to learn all I can about my Fz1n (2006) that I've had 5/6 weeks. I ride hard and the snatch in bends as I thrash through the gears is pissing me right off.
Do I do the tps or buy the Ivan's FCE ?
Advice please guys.

Ok then, I've spoken to Geoff at hilltop mc and I will be riding the 100 miles to get my fz1n sorted by him. Thanks your your time fellers. Good feedback from you all cheers

Delta.

When I spoke to Geoff he said he would tune my ecu all in at £360
Bargain me thinks, cheaper than a power comander 5 and an Ivan's FCE and the rolling road cost.
I've heard he's very good at what he does. I'm taking mine very soon.

Thanks for that. As it is I just bought a used PC5 today used and have just tore the bike down to install. Will do the airbox mod and cat-gut tomorrow.

Might do a flash at a later stage, will still get 90% of the price paid for the PC5 if I sell it on too.

Overall I agree with you & do think a flash is better.

you will have to let us guys in the uk know if the difference is noticeable. this was something i was thinking about doing but sending the ecu off to ivan was not really ever gonna happen.

Hi there just a quick one on the air box mod. I've heard people say that Geoff doesn't recommend doing the air box mod. To be sure I'd give the man a call and ask why...
Google Geoff at hilltop motorcycles for the number fella.

Also the PC5 does not stop the throttle snatch you need the Ivan's FCE for that. Another reason I'm going the ecu route with Geoff as his way eliminates the snatch.
Cheers
Delta. Aka Paul

Last edited:
Ivan's ECU flash removes the snatch completely. You need a PCIII or PCV though as he also supplies you with a map.
He's currently re-doing his maps on his new state of the art tuning gear.
He will be doing maps for different FZ1 mods and is offering them for free to his existing customers. Awesome customer service IMHO, who does that these days?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Back