Track Bike

3B43

After doing my first track day in September, on my FZ1, I decided to get a dedicated bike for the track (I think someone on this site named it a 'track slut'). After surfing the various sites AND trying to determine how much I really wanted to spend, I took the plunge and purchased a bike Saturday---an '05 Suzuki Gixxer 600! The bike has almost everything a track bike could have on it (Ohlin rear + cartridges in the forks/Vortex rearsets/ GPR stabilizer/ FactoryPro case savers/PC III/Armour Bodies plastic/frame sliders + axle sliders/Power shifter and gear read out/etc). Michelin's Pure One's w/one track day are on it. SOOO, I'm going through it now, making sure its ready for the track and hope to make a track day the 27th at Infineon. Look forward to ridding the 'slut'!!!

Congratz! The little Gixxer makes a nice track bike and yours sounds like it already has all the "good stuff' on it. Post some pics up when you can :D

Congrats, you bought yourself a great track bike!

I own K4 750 for the track - home made bolt on exhaust, K&N, WP kit in front forks, Extremetech steering damper, rearset riser plates, steel brake lines + dual carbon pads and thats about it (not counting the cosmetic stuff). I can easily compete with some newer stock models in terms of power and handling.

Hope to se pictures of your beast soon :)

This is how mine looks like:

Heh burkerider, I've been to queenland's raceway many times.....watching Ron Toombs.....of course it was in '70/'71! I was living Surfers Paradise at the time.
Memories..........

Pics of the bike wills have to wait, as the bike is in pieces at the moment. The fairing was 'zip tied' together and the holes were drilled to close to the edge and they need to be repaired and then dues fasteners installed. A body of mine, who does custom paint is gonna paint it for me (when I have the fairing and tank ready) and then I'll post some pics.

Congrats, you bought yourself a great track bike!

I own K4 750 for the track - home made bolt on exhaust, K&N, WP kit in front forks, Extremetech steering damper, rearset riser plates, steel brake lines + dual carbon pads and thats about it (not counting the cosmetic stuff). I can easily compete with some newer stock models in terms of power and handling.

Hope to se pictures of your beast soon :)

This is how mine looks like:

what a beauty!

Back