Track Day!

3B43

I'm packed up and leaving for my first track day in a few hours . . . Thunder Hill! Wanna thank you guys for sending me video of the track/etc--THANKS! I'm going w/a friend, that rides a CBR1000RR, and has been to TH several times + two other guys that break the 2 minute barrier there . . . so I'll have good company to 'show me the ropes/track lines'!

Since my bike WAS set up for my 'trip' (Renthal bars/Cee Bailey's windscreen/etc), I put my BMW Machine bars/ZG sport screen and took the PR2's off and put Q2's on. Add EBC HH pads/Galfer line's . . . LOTS of Gatorade/HOH (its gonna be 100+ in Willows tomorrow!) . . . and I'm set. Obviously, will post about the X'perience when I return!

R

Sounds like you're in good hands. Sub 2 minutes is smokin. My best was a 2:06 on my 02 R1. Hopefully Dito from
gotbluemilk.com is there. He takes awesome pics...

I take it you're doing the Trackside Services open trackday? I did one with them in June at Thunderhill and I got the most time out on the track ever! I was on my little XR650 supermoto (I sold it) videoing my buddy on his very first trackday...

Here's the vid I made for him...That's me in the black.

http://youtu.be/OB1cXBOpPHo "I'm Scaaaarrrrred..."

Also my buddies Steve (#810 Yellow GSXR) and James (#639 Black GSXR)) are going to be there. They are AFM'ers and well below the 2 minute mark also...

Last edited:
So.....? How was it?...Pics?...

The guy in the video I posted above was also there for his second trackday...

Maybe you saw him out there. He was on a black 06 GSXR 600 with black and blue Joe Rocket leathers...

Back