Track to myself!

You were super smooth, very nice riding+.

Just a question because I still haven't got a track day in yet, but why keep the rpms down in that 5000-7500 range? Again, I don't know what it actually takes but if you're going fast on a track, why not keep the RPMs between 7000-11000 where all the power is at.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate question but I'm drooling at the thought of going to the track, and I want to make sure I don't mess me or my bike up and watching really smooth rides like yours makes me wonder how it's all done.

You were super smooth, very nice riding+.

Just a question because I still haven't got a track day in yet, but why keep the rpms down in that 5000-7500 range? Again, I don't know what it actually takes but if you're going fast on a track, why not keep the RPMs between 7000-11000 where all the power is at.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate question but I'm drooling at the thought of going to the track, and I want to make sure I don't mess me or my bike up and watching really smooth rides like yours makes me wonder how it's all done.

I am not going to tell you that keeping RPMs so low is the right thing to do. The benefit to a track newbie is a bit more forgiveness, if you get greedy with the throttle too early. FZ1 has loads of power at higher RPMs. More than I need on the track.

My goal for track days for now is to be smooth, to find good lines and to be as consistent as possible (in addition to having loads of fun!!)

Having said all that, I can't tell you that I intentionally kept the RPMs low. It just felt like it was in the right place when I was rolling on, if that makes sense. I didn't need more power at my level of riding.

I am not going to tell you that keeping RPMs so low is the right thing to do. The benefit to a track newbie is a bit more forgiveness, if you get greedy with the throttle too early. FZ1 has loads of power at higher RPMs. More than I need on the track.

My goal for track days for now is to be smooth, to find good lines and to be as consistent as possible (in addition to having loads of fun!!)

Having said all that, I can't tell you that I intentionally kept the RPMs low. It just felt like it was in the right place when I was rolling on, if that makes sense. I didn't need more power at my level of riding.

Makes total sense, thank you for sharing. I will remember that my first few times out. I do engage in things a little aggressively, hence was crashed motorcycles in my first 2 months of riding. Keep on riding awesome, you have a been an inspiration.

lol I did it wrong then on my first track day earlier this month I rev'ed the shit out or it..lol I actually hit the rev limiter 3 times down the front straight before I calmed down a little..lol. I am a rpm guy I always let the engine work for me..

lol I did it wrong then on my first track day earlier this month I rev'ed the shit out or it..lol I actually hit the rev limiter 3 times down the front straight before I calmed down a little..lol. I am a rpm guy I always let the engine work for me..

Nothing wrong with high revs. If you can be smooth, more power to you (pun intended!)

I just didn't need more "go" at my level.

Back