Val Moto Type 1 Rearset

I have just fitted a set of these Valter Moto Rearsets ( Type 1 - non adjustable ) to my 2008 FZ1 NA. Very impressed with the price under £200, and easy ( even for me.. ) fitting.

Have a look, I chose Black Anodised, they also offer Silver if that is what ya' want.

Definate improvement ( for me ) in peg position, I always felt that my feet were a couple of inches too far forward and maybe an inch or so too low, particularly under strong acceleration. Now my body has a slight forward incline, which without being radical, this feels great and is far more natural for sport riding. No vibe issues at all, and a very comfortable and natural position for shifting and braking, recommended. :sport12:

Those are sweet. I have Rizomas they ere very adjustable. I'm sure they are are set close to you position and will never be move, so adjustabiliy counts for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are sweet. I have Rizomas they ere very adjustable. I'm sure they are are set close to you position and will never be move, so adjustabiliy counts for nothing

Rizoma were the expensive ( but beautiful ) option, or maybe Gilles, but I thought I would give these a try, and I am very happy with the result so far.

They look good and if you love the position, then the non-adjustables are fine but if you want to see how much better it can get, give adjustable ones a try. I like the Rizomas too but for an expensive rearset the issue of the shifter rubbing the nut is annoying so I sold them and got Gilles which even though have the rod out of the frame, work awesome.

Johnny,

do you happened to have a set of Rizomas which doesn't allow you to have a symmetric mounting positions for both LHS and RHS?

Let me try to fish out a photo or 2 by tonight..

I have just fitted a set of these Valter Moto Rearsets ( Type 1 - non adjustable ) to my 2008 FZ1 NA. Very impressed with the price under £200, and easy ( even for me.. ) fitting.

Have a look, I chose Black Anodised, they also offer Silver if that is what ya' want.

Definate improvement ( for me ) in peg position, I always felt that my feet were a couple of inches too far forward and maybe an inch or so too low, particularly under strong acceleration. Now my body has a slight forward incline, which without being radical, this feels great and is far more natural for sport riding. No vibe issues at all, and a very comfortable and natural position for shifting and braking, recommended. :sport12:

They look pretty good and fairly cheap too.
PJ parts sell them for $192.
When you consider that Ottimotto Chinese rearsets sell for $250 on EBay, these are a no-brainer.
Valter Moto Type 1 Rearsets for Yamaha FZ1 06-, PJ's Parts

Last edited:
I was looking on PJ's parts and like the look of these rearsets but noticed the heel guards are sold separately and PJ's didn't show a listing for them. Anyone know where to look? Heel guards are a must for me. I can feel my boot grabbing all the time when I turn agressively.

Hey guys, just picked up the GP shift version of these myself. So thought I would share some photos and some measurements for the common good.

Measurement compared to stock:

11/16th of an inch back from stock.

1 1/2 of an inch up from stock.

1 3/16th of an inch shorter mounted peg length. Meaning about 2 1/2 inch shorter tip to tip.

Result tons more clearance.

And the pics.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

I'd say tons of value for money, only 214 dollars shipped. Quality is good. Much cheaper than the attack rearsets on my last bike, now not as adjustable but under half the cost. Yes no center stand. I know some people think it's pointless to remove it. But I haven't had a center stand in since 3 bikes ago. Also my old track bike had no side stand either, I got use to just using rear stands. I don't tour much either. I'd like all the clearance I can get. This thing will be going to the track from time to time.

Back