Vancouver, BC is the second most congested city in North America

Ever drove through Atlanta? I lived there years ago... didn't matter the time of the day or day of the week... I-75 was a killer. Not sure if it change ever since. I don't thin Miami is that bad... There's traffic there for sure but I don't think P3 is accurate. Well... there's a lot of driver there that turn absolutely stupid and "name a word" when it rain... never seen so many people crashing on straight road when it rain!

Last edited:
My wife and I took a road trip in our car last year, over 10,000 miles, and the only place we got really hung up was when we got off the ferry from Victoria and then drove up to Whistler. It was about 2pm and we sat and sat and sat in traffic getting through Vancouver. Lost about 90 minutes. Indeed, it was a mess and we didn't see any accident that would account for the delay. There just wasn't a good highway going that direction that would take us out of the city traffic.

Last edited:
What's sad is how few people live in Vancouver and the surrounding areas (GVRD). The reason for our congestion is simply poor design & engineering. Bottleneck after bottleneck creates an absolute disaster.

Lane splitting is not legal here and our highways are so narrow that it would make it very difficult anyway

Good thing I work 5km from home. I refuse to commute Monday to Friday like a turkey

Miami traffic is insane. Nobody uses signals, everybody tries to hit an empty hole at the same time causing side swipes. Red lights get run and speeding is out of control. Plus to make it all interesting, up to 25% of drivers are also on a cell phone.

I video traffic control in Miami and it sucks.

Vancouver traffic congestion deemed worst in Canada - British Columbia - CBC News

I knew it was a shit show here but I never would have realised we were the most fucked next to Los Angeles

Unbelievable

Been there. Done that.

Leave downtown Van at 3:15 and cruise out but try leaving at 3:30 and you're in a rolling accordion until after the Port Mann.

I had to go on Government business for the first time to the Island and figured on hitting the 401 at 200th Street about 0600 hrs and breezing on through to Horseshoe Bay.

Guess again. The 401 Westbound is gridlocked at 0600 hrs.

Seattle had Express Lanes back in the sixties when I was racing in Washington and Oregon but them Canajuns are slow to catch on.

OK, now ask me why I live in the Texas Hill Country.

You should try Sydney Australia. It is a bloody joke! Third world roads supposed to be 4mil people but more like 10mil I reckon and plenty of planing but no action. Pennant Hills Rd one of only two North out of the HOLE frequently takes an hour to do 8 km (5 mile).

Last edited:
Back