Ventureshield Paint Protection film

Based on my experience of two previous Yamahas and finding the paint on the sides of the tank "flatted" after a year or two I decided to start right with the gorgeous black on my Raven FZ1 and install some paint protection. There aren't a lot of choices here in the UK so I went with ventureshield Invisible Patterns The "knee" sides of the tank and the "tank pad" area cost £35/US$50
The install was very easy when following the instructions and the result looks very good.

My only mistake was giving the tank a very thorough polishing with plexus, Autoglym polish and Autoglym gloss before I started and then reading the instructions ... "remove all traces of polish" :wilynily:

20100426_003.jpg

I photographed this with the bike covered in dirt and (volcano) dust that picks out the edges well.

The only thing I have noticed ( much as the other review on this site on tankslapper film) is that it makes the grip for textile/cordura trousers marginally worse. Leathers are OK thoough. If you want grip on the knees get something like stomp grips - I may have gone this route had I known.

Last edited:
I used my new Joe Rocket Manta XL tankbag yesterday. After about 2 hours on the bike I pulled the bag off at my destination and found that the magnets/base material had left impresssions on the tank protector - looks a bit like orange peel effect :eek5:
I rode back home with the bag on and have not used the Fazer today. I have found the effected areas are "healing"... which is nice!
I think this proves how elastic the film is and how strong the magnets are the JR tankbag

I used my new Joe Rocket Manta XL tankbag yesterday. After about 2 hours on the bike I pulled the bag off at my destination and found that the magnets/base material had left impresssions on the tank protector - looks a bit like orange peel effect :eek5:
I rode back home with the bag on and have not used the Fazer today. I have found the effected areas are "healing"... which is nice!
I think this proves how elastic the film is and how strong the magnets are the JR tankbag

JR Manta XL is my favorite tankbag! Need to discover a way to employ the most forward magnet. Not a necessity as bag is very secure without. Thinking about creating a new magnet pocket about two inches further back.
PS Tried placing magnet material on underside of the plastic tank cowl but, did not provide strong enough attraction.
BTW-I use StompGRip and do like it.

Last edited:
Back