Visor colors?

I have always used AGV dark visors and aside from the obvious problem when it gets dark I have had no issues with longevity or quality of finish on any of them. Bugs come off as easily as on a clear visor and they are no more prone to scratches than any other visor. I think some spurious visors that have a particular finish applied externally to a plain visor might be the ones causing problems but as they say you gets what you pay for!!

I recently purchsed the yellow (low visibility) visor for my Scorpion EXO 700. On their website it says the yellow is for night and low visibility driving. I have to say it does improve visibility in low light situations. Let you read the rode much better in the dark. I have a smoked I wear when I ride to class after work and I keep the yellow visor in my backpack for the ride home at night.

I keep the mirrored smoke on since I ride mostly in daytime, but keep the clear on-hand for the dark or rain... I wouldn't mind looking at a low-vis yellow or orange, but haven't seen one for my Shark RSI, but then again, I think carrying two alternates would be a bit much - I would probably carry the low-vis instead of the clear, if I had it.

I have the Scorpion EXO-1000. I love it in some ways but don’t like it in others. The retractable tinted visor is absolutely great. I love it. It’s a VERY comfortable lid too.

But…..
It is a bit heavy and not vented as well as you would think. The shield needs more click stops in the barely open position. The position locking system doesn’t work too well either. The wind often blows it all the way closed.

I guess I’d give it big thumbs up. But not a hearty BIG two thumbs up.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of mirrored visors as they tend to get scratched and start to look ratty after they get some miles on them. I stick with the Dark Smoke most of the time. I would look into the speed tint and hyper optiks visor inserts from Fog City. I've used both in the past and been very happy. The speed tint is a small adhesive tint strip that you stick to the inside of your visor. Its amazing how well it cuts the glare even during sunrise and sunset. The hyper optiks is a photo chromic insert that changes from clear to blue. The blue tint was perfectly tolerable during the bright part of the day and then became mostly invisible at night. The only downside I ever saw with the hyper optiks was a slight "halo" effect around oncoming headlights/streetlights/etc. but it was never enough to hinder my vision. They carry both at CycleGear.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_55-0048_G
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_55-0043_G

Last edited:
Back