went riding this weekend, have some questions

sammysr

This is my first summer with the fz1 and i haven't ridden it thaaatt much. First of i must say yesterday we went riding and for the first time got the bike up to around that 7000-8000 range and holy crap the reviews online are right, the beast just comes out lol, one of the most amazing feelings ever for me, scared me at first not gonna lie. Anyways, at what rpm do you guys cruise around at just wondering? Also, if i were to make it into a streetfighter, does it make the wind really that bad with no windshield? Because i see so many people on naked bikes anymore and it makes me think the wind cant be that bad if there are so many (or they just deal with it because the bike looks awesome lol).

I pulled the fairing right away on mine and the wind doesn't bother me. I've done full days of cruising in high double digits (mph) no problem. At speeds like that, I find the tach hangs out between 4500 and 5500. Usually, if I see the tach past 6k I know I am getting a little too agressive. You're right, spool it up and it will pull hard. I have over 10 000km on mine this summer and still can't get enough of the acceleration.

Commuting, between 4-6rpm.
Canyon riding, 6-10rpm.
Oh, My Bandit was naked and I loved the clean air. Never bothered me as far as I can remember.

Last edited:
You have to take her out some more and romp on her. There is no better feeling than full throttle at or above 8k rpm. It never ever gets old but be safe and gear up. And don't worry you wont hurt it at all it is a rev happy machine.

Same here.

Me too...
In town, usually 2-4k
Highway 4-6k
"Spirited" riding 6-11k
I also have a bad habit of max acceleration through 2nd gear every few rides which puts me at about 102mph at redline (86mph in 1st) :spank:
I'm killing my mpg and rear tire, but then again, I didn't buy a Prius for a reason :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back