What dose this do? New trick

that changes the HP on restricted bikes.... In some countries, the bike is delivered and neutered down to 100hp... using this little trick, you can get it back up to unrestricted 140~HP.

Does someone maybe have the exact procedure for switching the limitation on and off in English?

Won't this be a good way of getting use to your FZ1 until you have more experience to use all the tigers inside?

Ok! sucks Air, yar! Yar! very good, Yar! lol,

Ok it unlocks the bike's features very good, Does anyone know if this works with the PC3 at all? does the info go to the pannel then the PC3 or the other way around.? Also why does it count down to 0? what do the digits indercate? d=? Very interested to know.

Is that feature available on N. American FZ1's? Yes...I could just try it on my bike and find out, but I don't want to accidentially change a setting I know nothing about, i.e. screw something up and not know how to get back to default.
BTW, will setting it to 100HP save fuel. Seem like it should, right?

It worked on my US FZ1 down here in Longview, WA :D however I have to reverse a few steps to make it work.

Ok. So how did you do it? And, why did you do it?

Copied from the thread linked in this thread:

Hold down both SELECT & RESET
Switch on Ignition
Display will show HI flashing (5sec)
Release buttons
Display will show d1
Hold down both SELECT & RESET for 5sec
Display will show d:01, 16
Press RESET till display shows d:63, 00
Press RESET (changes display to d:70, 0) quickly followed by SELECT and hold for 20sec.
Here I had to change the order by going SELECT quickly followed by RESET and hold for 20sec
Engine management light should start flashing
Press SELECT should set the engine management light to either solid or flashing. SOLID = 100hp, FLASHING = 150hp
Turn off ignition

Why did I do it? - I first wanted to see what my bike was set at stock and in this case it was not flashing or 100hp mode so I changed it to flashing and it feel's snappier however like I said in my other post it may be just wishful thinking - I plan to take the bike to the dyno in a few weeks and test if this mod really does make any changes on our FZ1's or just hype.

Back