What year R1 shocks work on Gen 2

This has been covered a few times so do a search and you'll find plenty of info.
The 07/08 R1 forks seem to be the ones most people use, mainly because of the radial 6 pot brakes.

: oops: I have forks on the brain atm

Personally I wouldn't put an R1 shock on the FZ1.
Firstly it's too short and secondly a good aftermarket shock like a Nitron NTR Sport which has height adjustability and is reletively cheap, is a better option IMHO.

I agree with you. I know that some people have made adapters and modified the R1 shock to fit our bikes, but IMHO it's not worth the trouble. You're still ending up with an OEM shock that's not really "right" for the FZ1. Much better to save your money and get the proper aftermarket shock and spring for the FZ1.

I have a 88 FZR 1000 with an 07 R1 shock. Due to the added weight I had it completely rebuilt (re-valved and sprung) by Traxxion Dynamics Motorcycle Suspension by Traxxion Dynamics . It rides like a different bike. If you dont want to spend a fortune on the "good stuff" getting it rebuilt is a very viable option.

I needed a new spring since the FZR weighs just over 500 lbs and I'm 230 lbs.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I was thinking I would save for the Penske but came across an R1 shock cheap. I will wait on the Penske after ya'lls reccomendations

Back