Where & when to ride on the Gold coast

Does anyone here live/ride around the Gold coast, Australia? Which are the best roads and when's the best time of day to ride? The second question is loaded, it's really asking what time do the cops start patrolling and which roads are known for Police patrols.

:thewave:

Does anyone here live/ride around the Gold coast, Australia? Which are the best roads and when's the best time of day to ride? The second question is loaded, it's really asking what time do the cops start patrolling and which roads are known for Police patrols.

:thewave:

G'day mate. I'm not gonna be too much help for you, but there is a fairly active Brizzy section on the FZ6 forum with a wide assortment of bikes.

They usually have a ride once a month plus spur of the moment rides.

One of the main organisers, Humpy, is located in Ipswich. Other than that I'd say Google Earth is your friend...lol.

Cheers
Mike

What day of the week are you talking about? And how far do you want to ride?

A good start is breakfast at Canungra - try Cafe Metz (opposite the post office, down the hill) in preference to the Outpost - more people at the Outpost. But if you wear your leathers with knee-sliders on the road, probably got to the Outpost :ugh:

There are always going to be police out, even more so over the holiday season. Tick Gate Road (Russ Hinze Raceway) is good, up to Springbrrok is good, from Mudgeeraba and Nerang, Beaudesert to Boonah was good, now heavily policed with new speed restrictions as they build the new road and dam, loop through Beaudesert, Mt Lindesay, Kyogle, Tick Gate is good.

Thanks Dave, I got leathers, fabric and summer vented kit. The leathers have seen a lot of wear and to this day the sliders have never kissed the tarmac and that includes two trips to the Nurberg ring, LOL Should take them off really...
I can't find Tick gate on the map for some reason. I went for a ride today starting at 6am heading down the Nerang Munwillunbah road (maybe this is the race track you mentioned) to Springbrook and then back to Canungra and on up to Mt Tamborine before heading back to Canungra for a loop around Beechmont and back home. What a great ride. No signs of Cops anywhere. I'm hoping the Cops don't start their day shift pattern until 7.30am which I believe is the start time for the Sunshine coast Police. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Most of my riding will be at the weekends and I like a conbination of some short (2-3 hour) rides and some all day rides. Start times from 5.30am onwards.

Last edited:
I like your early style.

A group of us head down to the back of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland some times. Its not to bad through there. Its an all day ride for us Leaving at 5am and back after dark.

Ill tell you next time we head out and give ya some notice.

Back