Who has the oldest FZ1?

16 too? That would be kinda freaky if we had the same production number... what is your whole vin #?

You might use the link in this thread, and you can verify the year....

I'm sure there is a few with the same number 16, but not the same vin. I don't think you would be able to register with the same make model and vin.

I'm sure there is a few with the same number 16, but not the same vin. I don't think you would be able to register with the same make model and vin.

According to the website it's the last series of numbers which tells you what number bike it was rolling off the assembly line. It's possible to have the last two digits the same but you have to read off the last 4 or 5 numbers to indicate where it was in line. Pilot's bike was the 105th bike made in 2001. Mine was the 2,596th bike off the line and so on.

well, if there is more than one 16....manufactured in different places??

are the last digits ...0016?

Thats also a possibilty Adam. Not sure if the different plants were coordinated together. Probably not. So theorhetically you could possibly have two bikes with the same last few digits but a different plant number.

Thats also a possibilty Adam. Not sure if the different plants were coordinated together. Probably not. So theorhetically you could possibly have two bikes with the same last few digits but a different plant number.

Very possible if the bikes were made for different markets since other digits in the VIN would then be different.

Ok, I'll play ;)

Looks like my '06 was number 187 that year. Probably not a good thing since it was so early on in the first production run of Gen II bikes and maybe they hadn't discovered all the "bugs" yet. That being said I haven't had any issues with it, but then again it only has 55xx miles.

Last edited:
Back